To Survive: Part 4

"Good morning everyone!" Monokuma said through the monitors the following morning "it is now 7am, and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine!"

"Chihiro!" Taka exclaimed as the programmer exited her room and ran into him "the bags underneath your eyes are enormous! You look like you haven't slept!"

"That's because I didn't..." Chihiro frowned "I tried...I even tried knocking myself out a few times...but it didn't work..." Taka looked incredibly upset and helpless at hearing these words.

"I...I see..." he said "I'm so sorry...I should have helped you out. Rather, you should have come to me for help!"

"There was nothing you could do..." Chihiro said "I doubt it would have helped much..."

"E-Even so, it is my job as class rep to look out for you all!" he said proudly.

"H-Huh? Since when were you class rep?" Chihiro asked. Taka chuckled.

"I have decided to take up the mantel as the leader of the class as of yesterday. Everyone agrees that I am probably the most trustworthy person in the group, and I should lead as of such!"

Chihiro couldn't disagree with that. Taka might not have been the most capable  of the group, but of all of them, she thought he was definitely the least likely to betray them.

"Anyway, we can't do much about your lack of sleep, but we can cure your fatigue. Come! I shall whip you up some coffee in the cafeteria!"

"O-Ok...thanks!" Chihiro smiled warmly at the offer "I didn't know you were a barista..."

By the time Chihiro and Taka arrived in the cafeteria, the only two people present were Byakuya and Kyoko, both of whom weren't acknowledging each others presence. Chihiro waved to them, but neither of them seemed willing to acknowledge her presence either, so she just sighed and followed Taka into the kitchen in the back.

As this was happening, around the school, the other students were having adventures and undergoing activities of their own.

"M-Mr Hagakure?" Hifumi asked Hiro, who was sitting down with his legs crossed in the laundry room "what, perchance, are you doing?"

"Huh? Oh, hey there Fumi..." Hiro sighed "don't mind me, I'm just trying to wash my clothes..."

"Wash your clothes?" Hifumi repeated "it looks to me like you're meditating or some other...?"

As the two of them spoke, another person entered the room. Celeste, with her usual elegant stride, entered with some clothes slung over her arm.

"I came to see if this washing room passed muster..." she explained before either of the two had a chance to greet her "is everything ok, Yasuhiro? You don't look comfortable down there..."

"He claims to be washing his clothes, but..." Hifumi explained. Hiro, begrudgingly, uncrossed his legs and got to his feet, scratching his head.

"Just now, I was trying to get in contact with my teachers via the spirit realm. I just wanted to know what was actually going on, but...No dice. I got nothing..."

"That is worrying..." Hifumi gulped "not even the Ultimate Clairvoyant can predict what is going to happen to us..." 

"I hardly think relying on the occult will do us any good, no matter what choice we decide to make..." Celeste sighed.

"Hey!" Hiro snapped "the occult is bullshoes! Don't relegate my fortune telling to that crap!"

Celeste simply sighed again. "I really do not have the energy to argue with you..."