A Next Generation Legend [Class Trial END]

[Closing Argument]

To begin with, this crime was the result of a planned murder operation that ended up going wrong

To begin with, this crime was the result of a planned murder operation that ended up going wrong. It started with one of the perpetrators meeting up that night with one of the victims of the case, being Hifumi. By making Hifumi cooperate with them, the one who masterminded the case attempted to execute a series of crimes.

Monokuma had proposed an additional motive alongside the 10 Billion Dollars, and the puppetmaster used that motive to their advantage. First of all, early in the morning, before breakfast time, they got the drop on Taka, who had spent that night doing his rounds and making sure no one acted shifty. They attacked him and knocked him out, then hid him away in the storage room on the first floor. They then entered the room with the unconscious Taka, and locked the door from the inside. This was to prevent anyone who woke up from finding Taka before the plan went underway.

That same early morning, Sakura, the first victim of this case, was up in the lab area, awaiting Taka, as she meant to discuss an idea of a schedule. However, at this time, she had no idea that Hifumi had already set up a trap for her beforehand. When she least expected it, Hifumi took a bucket of water and tossed the contents all over Sakura. This would likely have surprised her for a moment, and that moment was just enough time. After taking the necessary safety precautions, Hifumi took some open wiring on the wall, and used it to electrocute the soaked Sakura.

In the original plan that this "puppetmaster" thought up, Hifumi was supposed to come right downstairs to the storage room, and knock on it a certain number of times in order to let them know he'd done the deed. The puppetmaster had told Hifumi that they'd secure Taka for him, and then let Hifumi kill Taka. The additional motive would then mean Hifumi would be able to leave without a trial. However, the person who teamed up with him had other plans. They intended to lure Hifumi into a false sense of security, and then claim his life. All they'd have to do then is kill Taka, and their plan would succeed. And that "puppetmaster" was none other than Celestia Ludenburg, or as we now know, Taeko Yasuhiro.

However, thanks to a certain someone; this cases killer, the plan was about to fail. You see, the killer and I had made plans to have breakfast at the rec room, and spend the day playing a few games. However, they'd misplaced an item of theirs in the lab on the third floor, so before they met up with me, they went to get it. However, since Hifumi killed Sakura IN the lab, this unfortunately made them a witness to Sakura's murder. Now that the killer had caught them in the act, Hifumi did the only thing he could that could possibly save him and stop the plan from failing. He chased after the witness with a knife that Taeko had given him. During the chase, Hifumi tripped and fell down a flight of stairs, landing on his face and breaking his nose, which left a spot of blood on the second floor. Had it not been for that incident, we might never have found out about the chase.

The chase was a long one, and the killer fled all the way to the first floor, and ducked into the trash room, which was a dead end. This would naturally have been end of the line, if it weren't for the fact they were able to find a certain place to hide. One of the large bins in the trash room was empty, so the killer hopped inside it, but before they did, they turned the incinerator on. Not only that, but they already had their hands on a perfect weapon: A sharp fountain pen. When Hifumi entered the trash room, they waited until he drew close to the roaring incinerator, leapt out of hiding...and impaled him in the throat. In a panic, the killer stuffed Hifumi's body into the incinerator as far as it could go, along with the knife he'd been carrying.