Ultimate Despair: Part 26 [END]

"H-Huh...?" Junko's body was stiff, and still, and tense "wh-what is...?"

"Junko Enoshima..." Kyoko stood upright and was the first to speak up towards her after the vote was finished "you lose..."

"L-Lose?" Junko asked "I...lose? That's...That's...!"

"What? You denyin' it?" Mondo jeered.

"Figures!" Taka crossed his arms haughtily "even the Ultimate Despair is vulnerable to a dosey dose of her own Despair!"

"My apologies..." Mukuro told them "but I feel you may be sorely mistaken..."

"Huh?" Taka frowned.

"I lost...!? I LOST!? That's-!?" Junko trembled, but then all of a sudden said...

"that's...so fucking amazining...! Nggh!"

The way she was presenting herself now in defeat was creepier and more unsettling than she had in victory. The face she was pulling made it look like she was on the verge of having an orgasm.

"What?" Chihiro grimaced "what are you talking about?"

"I came to this academy 2 years ago...2 years this project has been in the works...!" Junko rubbed her hands across her body "2 whole years I toiled away crafting this intricate plan...! I even went so far as to throw away my big sister in order to complete it...and yet in the end I STILL failed!? What greater Despair could there be in this world than that!?"

"I'm...SO lost...!" Taka scratched his head.

"I was always so despairingly hopeless!" Junko rambled on "from the moment I was born into this world, I was tired of being here! Tired of everything! So I've waited my whole life for this moment! This quite literally once in a lifetime experience! My first and last chance to taste a despair unlike any other! My own death! PUHUHUHUHUHUHU!!! I'm so HOPELESSLY ECSTATIC!"

"Why does it feel like our victory is sort of soiled now?" Alter Ego asked "I don't understand...is she...happy?"

"It doesn't matter," Kyoko shook her head "what matters is that she's admitted defeat. Correct?"

"It doesn't really matter to me whether I won or lost..." Junko smirked "because in the end, the only important outcome is whether I live or I die. No matter what happens to me, nothing will change for you guys. You'll live your lives knowing nothing but Despair, whether you're inside, or outside!"

"No..." Chihiro said "you're wrong!"

"Yes, you ARE wrong," Mukuro stepped forward "take a look at us for a moment sister...No one, not even I myself, am afraid of your Despair any longer."

"She's right!" Taka pumped his arms excitedly "we're going out there with our Hope's held high! We've made up our minds and you have no Hope of changing them!"

"Chihiro over there acting like a god damn shoulder angel against your demon," Mondo grinned and punched his fists together "he's already talked us all into it, so don't even try to spoon feed us this "Despair" bullshit. There ain't no going back now."

"You said that Despair spreads like a virus," Kyoko reminded Junko "but you ALSO said that Hope and Despair are two sides of the same coin. If both statements are true, then if Despair spreads, then surely Hope does the same thing no? I would think the 6 of us were living proof of that."

"G-Guys...!" Chihiro let out a little tear of joy as their words sunk in.

"Ugh! I just can't get a damn break, can I?" Junko asked "I despise the looks you assholes get on your faces at times like this. In fact I'm only inviting more prolonged pain by just staying here and not doing anything about it! But...that being said...one last thing..."