A Next Generation Legend: Part 15 [Deadly Life]

"I doubt we have a lot of time left before the investigation ends," Kyoko said "would you all mind if Chihiro and I had a private discussion? The rest of you should probably gather everyone else together."

"Huh?" Mondo asked "why?"

"That's certainly quite suspicious," Byakuya leered "why does it have to be private."

"No, Byakuya, let us, please," Chihiro said "I have a few case related things I need to ask Kyoko too..."

The look of suspicion didn't leave Byakuya's face, but the Affluant Progeny just nodded and left the trash room. He practically dragged Hiro out with him, and Mondo followed them. Before he left, he took one last look back at Chihiro. The programmer gave the biker a look of reassurance and that was all that Mondo really needed. He left, and Chihiro remained in the trash room, with no one other than Kyoko, and Hifumi's dead body."

"Ok, so, can I be the first to ask," Chihiro began "where were you this whole time? When we found out about Taka, you didn't even bother to show up. Where did you go?"

"I was working a separate investigation" Kyoko said with a blank expression, heading towards Hifumi's body as she spoke.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Chihiro asked.

"Look, just...don't worry about it for now..."

"But I can't just do that!" Chihiro said "Taka got attacked, and you should've been there when we all gathered in the nurses office. I just want to-"

"It's nothing." Kyoko turned back and glared at Chihiro with a dead serious expression "now would you mind letting me investigate Hifumi's body while it's still fresh?"

"Well, sure..." Chihiro sighed "that's certainly something you don't want to hear when you wake up in the morn-WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"

Chihiro majorly cut himself off from what he was saying, as he suddenly saw Kyoko's gloves fingers reaching down Hifumi's trousers!

"AAAaaaAAH!" Chihiro covered his eyes "Kyoko, if you really are trying to convince everyone that you're not a necrophiliac, you really aren't doing yourself any favors here! Seriously, what are you-!?"

Chihiro stopped mid sentence again, as Kyoko removed her hand and showed Chihiro a crumpled up piece of paper.

"This was stuffed into Hifumi's pants," Kyoko explained "it's a strange note..."

"Welp!" Chihiro forced a grin "time to burn that fact from my memory!"

"Burn it from your memory and you won't be able to use it as evidence," Kyoko sighed "at least read it..."

"No way! You read it!" Chihiro wriggled in discomfort "I'm not touching that! You're the one with the gloves."

"Man up Chihiro," Kyoko said "isn't that what you planned on doing?"

"I PLANNED on getting strong! I DIDN'T plan on reading a note that was STUFFED IN A DEAD MAN'S UNDERWEAR!

Kyoko, however, seemed to pay no mind to what Chihiro was complaining about, and instead, unfurled the paper and read it's contents. After she was done, she handed it to Chihiro, who then read it aloud to himself.

"We go ahead with the plan early in the morning.
Make sure you wake up just before the body discovery announcement and meet me in the storage room. I'll be waiting there with you know what.
You know where to go and what to do. If you need a refresher, you know where to find me.
Remember, don't get caught.

-Yasuhiro.

"W-Wait...Hiro?" Chihiro paused at the end of reading this note.

"If someone were to see this, they'd immediately jump to the conclusion that Hiro were the killer," Kyoko said "however, even with this...I doubt it."