(Chapter 2) Boys Life of Despair: Part 1

...

...

"Wh-Where...? Where am I...?"

Chihiro sat up, finding herself inside a strange room that she had never been in before. The walls were the same red that the door to the trial room had been. She had woken up from a deep sleep, and she looked around the room, seeing if there was a door. Which there wasn't.

"Wh-What is this...?" she instinctively said aloud. However, as she did, she suddenly heard a familiar voice behind her.

"Looks like she finally joined us..."

Chihiro quickly whirled around, coming face to face with two people who hadn't been there before. She gasped. She couldn't see their faces, but she didn't need to, as their speech and body shapes were enough for her to recognize them. It was Leon Kuwata and Sayaka Maizono. The two students who had recently left the world...

"What...?" Chihiro trembled "who...? H-How...?"

"What's the matter Chihiro?" Sayaka asked leeringly "you didn't forget about us already, did you?"

"No! I-!" Chihiro exclaimed, but Leon massively cut her off.

"You're kidding me right?" he asked "you've forgotten the person who died just 'cause YOU couldn't keep him safe!?"

"Huh?" Chihiro responded, unable to do so any other way.

"You could have come to get me in the morning! You could have told me that bringing everyone back onto their feet was a bad idea! Had you done that, I might not have been killed!"

"B-But how was I supposed to know...!?" Chihiro sobbed.

"Because we're all friends Chihiro..." Sayaka said, the darkness on her invisible face growing even darker "or...we WERE friends...until YOU basically sentenced me off to my death..."

"I didn't have a choice...!" Chihiro tried to compose herself, but she couldn't "i-i-it was either you, the real killer, or the rest of the group...!"

"Who cares?" Sayaka asked "you still "killed" me, Chihiro. Your hands are "sullied"...!"

"I....I...!" Chihiro fell to her knees and burst out into tears "I'm sorry!"

"Sorry ain't good enough, is it!?" Leon growled "sayin' sorry ain't gonna bring us back!"

"We'll be here forever..." Sayaka mumbled, venom in her throat "because of you, Chihiro Fujisaki..."

"If you keep doing this..." Leon said, much more quietly than before, yet more menacingly "then even more of your "friends" are gonna die. And it'll be all your fault..."

"Just like how our deaths were your fault..." Sayaka added.

"I..." Chihiro trembled, tears flowing from her eyes like two parallel streams "y-you're right...I...I'm so sorry...Leon...Sayaka...It's all...my fault...!"

It's my fault...

It's my fault  It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It's my fault It-

"AH!!!"

Chihiro lurched up once again. This time, she was much quicker to take in her surroundings. Unlike the suspicious red room, she was in a place she recognized. Fortunately, she was back in her dorm room, where she had slept the night before. Unfortunately, she was back in her dorm room, where she had slept the night before...meaning she was still in the accursed academy...and the previous day had not been a nightmare...