Ultimate Despair: Part 20 [Class Trial]

"We have been waiting!" the diva declared in a strange, posh, British accent, hands on her hips in a demanding and authoritative manner, and strangely bearing a small crown all of a sudden "waiting SOO very long to finally meet you mere mortals! Submit yourselves to me and we promise, half the world is yours! I've already prepared titles for the real-estate. We'll grant you honor, status, and some of our home cooking! What do you say? Do you submit?"

"Fuck no!" Mondo remained defiant to the end "why the hell would I ever submit to YOU!?"

"Oh...did you take that seriously? That was a joke..." Junko randomly ditched the crown and instead struck an anime-esc pose, now speaking in a different, less British, but more sadistic tone of voice "I'm fairly new to the story, at least when showing myself like this, so I completely forget what my character archetype was. In any case, I'm finally free! Day after day and week after week, CONSTANTLY playing Monokuma...For someone like me who's so hopelessly fickle...It's like dying...Dying by your own hand..."

"M-More importantly...your face...!" Alter Ego cut in.

"Hm? What about my face?" the Mastermind tilted her head in curiosity "just so you know, I've been told I'm cuter than 1000 chihuahua's combined...Or...wait...was it 100? Don't remember...Don't really care..."

"I think I get what Alter Ego's saying..." Taka considered "it's like...I recognize you? I swear I've seen your face before!"

Come to think of it, I recognize the face too...The last time I saw it was...

1 – The Laundry Room.🔫
2 – The Entrance Hall.
3 – The Headmaster's Office.

"That's right! I remember now!" Chihiro exclaimed "there was a magazine in there and I saw your face on it!"

Recalling what Hiro had said about how the laundry room as a place to go and clear his mind so he could do his fortune telling and connecting with the gods or...whatever. Turns out that he wasn't exactly wrong. The scent of the softener and other wash supplies was surprisingly therapeutic. The tranquil feeling of the quiet in the room, with the constant noise of the spinning washing machine in the background. The table that he was laying on wasn't very comfortable, but even still, the rest was enough to make it feel like he was laying on a cloud. As they'd laid down, Chihiro had noticed that a magazine of one of Junko Enoshima's pinups was staying on the table, and Chihiro had a flick through it while they laid there.

"I don't know how I ever let it fool me..." he monologued "Mukuro and Junko look nothing alike..."

"That's an impressive memory you've got there," Junko smirked "I guess it wasn't just bullshit that kept you alive for this long."

"I knew it...!" Chihiro frowned "then what Mukuro told me on the first day we met...!"