A Next Generation Legend: Part 11 [Deadly Life]

Sakura Ogami...

She was easily the the strongest person that Chihiro had ever met. Chihiro admired Mondo for his strength, but it was clear to see that Sakura was on a level unlike any of humanity. Many would tell you that a woman was incapable of becoming the strongest human alive, but her very presence was proof enough that that was wrong.

Even with that, she was still a human being. Hina's death had hurt her soul, and she'd needed to lean on the shoulders of others in order to recover. However, she was never ashamed to admit that she had weaknesses. Being able to lay her weak side bare for everyone to see...that was it's own kind of strength...

On the other hand, there was Hifumi Yamada...

He was...strange...To be honest, most of the time, conversations with him either involved you never knowing what he was talking about, or being in some situation that made things a little awkward. However, creating that mood was hardly ever Hifumi's intention, and he was, generally, a nice person who never seemed to want anyone to come to harm.

He was strong in his own way too though. Despite his appearance, his lifestyle, and his strange way of speaking, he was never ever afraid to voice his opinion, or gush about his interests. He wasn't afraid to be seen as a weirdo, because at the end of the day, what mattered to him was what kind of person he was on the inside, not on the outside.

But now...in what seemed like something that could only exist in a nightmare...those two were both dead...taken unfairly from the world...just like the others...

"What in the hell...?" Chihiro heard a voice behind her, immediately recognizing it as Byakuya's as he came in as a response to the announcement. Even someone as brazen as he was in shock at the scene before his eyes.

"Th-This is...this is getting out of control!" Junko exclaimed.

"Hiro! Quick!" Mondo exclaimed "help me turn off the incinerator!"

"Y-Yeah...! Got it...!" Hiro scurried up to help Mondo deactivate the incinerator. Within a few seconds, the roaring fires died down.

"There's no point to doing that..." Kyoko told him bluntly "Hifumi was already long dead by the time we found him..."

"I...I know..." Mondo grumbled "but even so, I don't want him to burn up completely..."

"That's...really helpful Mondo...thanks..." Chihiro grimaced.

"H-Hold on a second guys," Makoto said "the body discovery announcement went off twice, and the first time it told us to go to the lab..."

"Yeah...it triggered after Junko and I saw the body..." Chihiro revealed "...it's Sakura...She's gone too..."

"No fucking way...!" Mondo's face went white with terror "someone actually offed Sakura...!?"

"I...I didn't even think killing ogre was possible...!" Hiro trembled.

"That can't be...!" Makoto exclaimed "are there seriously...two victims!?"

"You'd better believe it!" Monokuma popped up "isn't that exciting!? Double the murder, double the fun, I always say!"

"How can you be so insensitive!?" Junko spat "two of our friends just died, and you find that exciting!?"

"Calm down Junko," Kyoko frowned "him being an unsympathetic waste of good tech is nothing new. He's not worth your distaste."

"An unsympathetic waste of good tech am I? I'm flattered!" Monokuma grinned "anyway, I was kind of hoping you'd all be here so I could hand out the Monokuma File, but given the situation, that's not happening..."