Ultimate Despair: Part 23 [Class Trial]

"Since our lives here together first started...you're all I've thought about..." Junko monologued "is it not natural that I would grow to care for you guys? With that in mind, since I love you guys and all, you wanna know something else? There's a little thing I wanna tell you about called the "Ultimate Despair's plan to bring Despair to all mankind!""

"The Ultimate Despair? All mankind?" Chihiro parroted.

"Our story begins two years ago," Junko spoke as if she was reading off of a book "when you, the 78th class of Ultimate Students, first came here. The first year as students for you were overflowed with peace and Hope. You lived sickeningly normal lives, and everyone was perfectly content. Man, weren't those the days, weren't they? However, the peace didn't last for very long...There was only peace for the first year, because one year after you lived as regular students at this regular school, an incident occurred that threw humanity into Despair. An incident by the name of the Biggest, Most Awful, Most Tragic Event in Human History, and with it, the world's era of peace came to a screeching halt. Of course, Hope's Peak Academy was no exception. Nearly all of the schools students were annihilated during the tragedy..."

"Who...?" Kyoko cut in suddenly.

"Huh? Who what?" Junko asked.

"The Ultimate Despair caused the Tragedy, right?" the lavender detective asked "I can't imagine it was just you and Mukuro Ikusaba behind it...So who? An organization? A group? A family?"

"Wrong, wrong, and wrong again unfortunately my dear sweet Kirigiri," Junko said "it's a little more abstract than that...Despair is more like a natural phenomenon. It's contagious. Everyone Despairs, and now...everything in this deceased shell of the world is in Despair. Therefore, if you take up arms against Despair, you're effectively taking up arms against the whole world!"

"I...I don't understand...!" Kyoko growled.

"I don't care if you don't understand! No one cares if you understand!" Junko spoke high and mighty "but thanks to you, we've veered off the subject. Getting back on topic, having suffered catastrophic damage, the only remaining class in Hope's Peak Academy were Class 78, AKA, yourselves. You were the only remaining students left alive in the academy. And that's when something AWESOME happened! Work began to convert Hope's Peak Academy into a shelter to protect all of the survivors! Wowzaz! It also happens that the one who was in charge of this operation was also the one responsible for locking all of you inside here. Does anyone want to take a wild guess as to who that was?"

1 – Junko Enoshima.
2 – The Prime Minister.
3 – Jin Kirigiri.🔫

"It had to have been

"It had to have been...Headmaster Jin Kirigiri..." Chihiro considered, noting that Kyoko's face tensed up at the mention of her father's name "he turned his own school into a shelter so that he could protect us from the effects of the tragedy..."

"That's why he had us make the commitment," Mukuro explained "the commitment to potentially spend the rest of our lives inside the academy."

"I'm sure what dear Jinny-Jeans was thinking was: "As long as you, our Hope for the Future, survive, then we can rebuild the world as many times as we need to." He had so much Hope for you all..." Junko sighed.