Boys Life of Despair: Part 13 [Deadly Life]

Chihiro stared in terror as Toko's waterlogged body bobbed gently up and down in the blood-stained waters of the pool. When she'd found Leon's body, she'd screamed upon seeing it, but she found that no sound escaped her throat when she tried to speak. She was so sure that Byakuya was wrong, and that the secrets weren't enough of a reason for someone to commit such an atrocious murder...

And yet she couldn't deny the Ultimate Writing Prodigy's body right in front of her. 

"Dammit..." Sakura clenched her fist and furrowed her brow in a mix of anger and shame "I could not protect her..."

"Yet another soldier..." Taka sobbed "has fallen victim..."

"And so this deadly game of cat and mouse begins once again..." Celeste blanked. 

"Tis but a dream! Tis all a dream!" Hifumi rocked back and forth in terror "in fact I haven't even been born yet! I have yet to leave my mothers womb!"

"How obnoxious..." Byakuya sneered "one of the most irritating members of this asinine group is dead. She does not need replacing."

"The fuck is wrong with you!?" Junko snapped at him "she's dead and all you can do is snark like that! Have some sympathy you motherfucker!"

"Junko..." Chihiro said, taken aback slightly by the Fashionista's unbridled anger.

"I must admit, I'm surprised..." Kyoko said "from what I remember, you absolutely despised Toko, yet in death, you act as if you've lost a close friend?"

"Of course I'm fucking remorseful...!" Junko examined her nails as a means of diverting her eyes "I mean, don't get me wrong, I hated that chick...Her very existence got on my nerves but...I dunno...It's just not right to wish death on someone...or to be happy about someone dying..."

This was a rare moment of maturity that from Junko that she didn't show very often. Usually, like Mondo, she could be pretty brash and bratty, but it seemed she really did have a strong soul.

"This is curious, wouldn't you agree?" Byakuya ignored her irritated attitude towards him "the identity of the victim aside, this is an excessively cruel way to dispose of a body...Dumping it into a large body of water...It's almost as if there was a level of animosity behind this attack."

"I can't help but agree with you," Kyoko pondered "speaking of which, where is Monokuma?"

As if on queue, the bear magically appeared in front of him, looking even more jovial than he had been when he was presenting the motive to everyone. 

"Your next line is "You're the one behind it! There's no way anyone of us could have killed her!" Right!?" he boomed.

It should be noted that Makoto glared at him with pursed lips, as if he really was about to say that.

"Come now," Byakuya snarked "we're already familiar with how the killing game works and the rules of graduation. Toko Fukawa was undoubtedly murdered by one of us here."

"So...it really did happen again...?" Makoto clenched his fists "dammit..."

"You gettin' scared again?" Monokuma jeered "damn, ya'll got some tiny as fuck balls in those pants of yours!"

"If he did, he might not have a stab wound on his shoulder..." Junko grumbled under her breath, recalling when Makoto saved her from being executed for attacking Monokuma.

"Enough fucking around!" Mondo boomed "let's just get on with this already so I can kick this killer's ass!"

"For once, I agree with him," Byakuya frowned "I believe you owe us something?"