A Next Generation Legend: Part 10 [Daily Life END]

Chihiro and Mondo spent that night up in the men's changing room, doing their usual night time workout. While he didn't exactly pay attention to it, the more workouts they did, the less Chihiro's body had hurt by the time they were done.

"I'm...I'm honestly super worried about Taka..." Mondo admitted out of the blue while they were in the middle of weight lifting, "the more pressure Monokuma puts on us, the more it affects him..."

"Taka's a good man," Chihiro replied "he's doing what he can to keep us safe, and that's all I can really ask for. I just really hope he doesn't start going megalomaniacal to keep us in check..."

"I doubt he'd do that," Mondo said, "but when I look at him, I think about how he was saying we were the first people that he ever really considered as his friends, and when you look at if from a distance...it stings..."

"Most of us here haven't really ever had someone close to us die. Not until we got here..." Chihiro considered "Taka admitted that his family are in a rough position, but he must at least care about them..."

"No shit...Actually, I dunno if he told you this..." Mondo began to explain "but he actually trusted me enough to tell me who he saw in his motive video. It was his Dad. He's apparently a disrespected police officer, who people wanted kicked out of office due to the scam with his grandpa..."

"I'm just worried that the situation will escalate to the point where he'll begin blaming himself for all the misfortune..." Chihiro thought aloud. Mondo let out a sigh.

"I don't think he blames himself..." he said "I don't think he does at least...But he prolly just...misses them, you know? He probably wishes they were here..."

"Misses who?" Chihiro asked "his family, or the people who have died?"

"Both," the biker replied "but speaking of which, you were pretty close to Leon, right? Ain't it weird just...not seeing him anymore?"

Chihiro thought about Mondo's words for a moment. It had been a while since anyone had brought up what happened with Leon and Sayaka, but he most certainly had not forgotten.

"By now..." Chihiro explained, sadness in his heart "I've pretty much accepted his death. Well, not ACCEPTED it, but I took from it...He died. And I hate it. And I wish he hadn't died. But his death has made me even more determined to get out of here. He, Sayaka, Toko and Hina were all good people, and this place took them from the world, and to me, that's unforgiveable...! And that's why I have to escape here."

"You're right..." Mondo heaved a heavy, but borderline determined sigh "I have to get out. Even if there's no one on the outside waiting for me anymore, that's what Daiya would want. Even if he's long dead, I still have to do it for him."

"That's the spirit!" Chihiro smiled.

"Good morning everyone! It is now 7am, and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine!"

No matter how many days Chihiro spent in the confinement of the school, he would never ever get used to it. Now that the additional motive was in play, things were a lot more difficult.

Chihiro made his way to the Dining Hall. There was a few people already there, unlike yesterday, and a few who weren't. Surprisingly enough, Taka was one of the people who weren't there. One by one, more people showed up, in the same order Chihiro was familiar with, but then the last person walked through the door. An extremely exhausted Kiyotaka Ishimaru, with heavy bags under his eyes. He let out a loud yawn, sleepily blinking over and over again.

"YEEEEK! ZOMBIIEE!" Hifumi screamed.

"I kn-knew it..." Taka sighed "I l-l-look awful..."

"Good morning Taka," Celeste greeted him warmly "I suppose you didn't get much sleep last night?"