Welcome to Despair: Part 2

When the young programmer came to, they found themselves in a strange, unrecognizable room, her head resting on hard wood. There was a ringing in their head, as if they'd just been hit by a car. It was weird. Chihiro wasn't the type of person who would just doze off in the middle of an important explanation. Recollecting their thoughts they got to their feet. When shaking off the fatigue, they looked around at the room. It was a classroom. A classroom that they'd never been in before. The hard wood that they had awoken on was a wooden desk, and on said wooden desk, there was a strange piece of paper. 

"Orientation...info?"

Chihiro said this aloud as they cautiously picked it up and read it. It looked like a kindergartner had drawn it, and they were having a hard time believing this pamphlet was official...

"The new semester has begun..." the programmer instinctively read aloud. "wait, scratch that. From here, this academy becomes a whole new world for you guys...Wh-What is this...?"

They'd like to have brushed it off as a prank, but Chihiro picked up the pamphlet and instead of leaving it or throwing it away, pocketed it. After that, they looked around the room a little more. The most noticeable thing was a well-maintained security camera hanging from the ceiling. Now, Chihiro knew that security camera's were common in schools, in fact, they were common in any sort of government building that required security. However, despite it's high tech, this wasn't any old Panasonic WV Analogue Indoor Ni IR CCTV Camera that most schools, such as St. Elbandia Academy, the school at which Chihiro used to frequent before receiving their invitation to Hopes Peak, which was no different. This security camera looked like the kind you would see on a street, except much more well kept. When gazing at the security camera, Chihiro's eyes slightly diverted towards a clock relatively close to it. Alarmingly, it said 8:00pm, the time in which everyone was meant to meet up. Chihiro had arrived at the entrance hall an hour prior. For some reason, they were panicking. Chihiro tended to get teary eyed quite quickly when under intense pressure. This including being panicked, scared or otherwise. However, they calmed down quickly when they realized that they still technically weren't late. Still though, passing out and napping for an hour simply wasn't normal. It was beginning to get stuffy in the room, so Chihiro wondered if anyone would mind if they opened the window...However, there seemed to be no window to open. Where you'd expect to see normal windows in a classroom were instead giant, iron grates screwed, nailed, bolted and any kind of stuck to the wall. Chihiro didn't even try to remove them. They already knew their arms were as strong as uncooked spaghetti, and they could tell from an immediate glance that the iron was too thick, and any attempt would be futile for them.

With no other apparent options, Chihiro stood there and logically thought about the situation. One way this could be interpreted is that they had somehow passed out in the hallway, and then someone had brought them to the classroom for safety. However, that didn't make much sense either. If that was the case, then logically, the place they would have been brought would have been the nurses office. There would be no doubt that the school had one...assuming they were still in the school...However, not even that was for certain, as the only supporting evidence would be the classroom. The lack of windows meant that Chihiro had no semblance of where they were or why, or who had brought them there. The young programmer clutched their head. Sure, they were above average intelligence, but thinking about this still made their head hurt. But this is when they remembered the clock. They quickly looked back up at the clock at the time. It had only been a few minutes after 8am when they'd last checked. Hypothetically, if things went as they were meant to, all their new classmates should be at the entrance hall by now. Slapping themselves to get their attention back to reality, Chihiro firmly, yet also anxiously, made their way out of the classroom, in hopes of finding the entrance hall, her new classmates and hopefully friends...

and an answer to all their questions...