A Next Generation Legend: Part 17 [Class Trial]

"Unlike Sakura though," Celeste said "there's hardly any evidence to indicate who killed Hifumi OR how they did it..."

"Well, actually, I do have an idea as to how we could maybe figure that out," Makoto said "assuming Hifumi died in the trash room, the culprit would have to be able to get to the incinerator. And the only person who would be able to do that is..."

Makoto is suggesting that the person who could have accessed the trash room must have been...

1 - The person on cleaning duty.🔫
2 - Sakura.
3 - The hall monitor.

"The only person who could have accessed the trash room was the one with the key, right?" Chihiro asked

"Yeah, so the only person who could have got in..." Makoto said, "was the person on cleaning duty, right?"

"Um...well..." Monokuma suddenly spoke up "there may have been an insy-winsy little detail that I forgot to mention..."

"And?" Byakuya inquired "that is?"

"The person on cleaning duty, as of the time of this murder..." Monokuma admitted "is still Hifumi Yamada..."

"What!?" Makoto exclaimed "Hifumi was the janitor!?"

"He was never NOT the janitor!" Monokuma snapped "no one wanted to take over his job, so he decided to keep going at it. He didn't complain, so I never took action!"

"So he's been taking care of all our trash the entire time we've been here?" Junko asked "damn...had I known, I would've appreciated him a lot more...

"You realize you've just given away a major detail that we should have figured out, right?" Kyoko asked with a wry smile.

"Wh-Whatever!" Monokuma snapped, realizing that she was right "it's a stupid theory anyway! I don't mind debunking it!"

"What...should we talk about now...?" Mondo asked, "that theory's out the fucking window, so now what?"

"I think the biggest problem," Celeste said "is that we don't know what time either of them were killed. The time of death could lead to a breakthrough in the case."

"When was the last time any of us saw Sakura or Hifumi alive?" Makoto asked.

"I was out late last night, and I overheard Hifumi talking with someone," Mondo explained "had no clue who though..."

"Which means Hifumi was still alive during the nighttime, so he either died then, or during the morning," Celeste said "what about Sakura?"

"Well, I saw Sakura yesterday, just before nighttime," Junko admitted "she went in her room and I think she stayed there all night..."

"Wait a second!" Chihiro exclaimed suddenly "that's it! I got it!"

"Got what!?" Mondo exclaimed.