All-Star Apologies: Part 13

As 9pm drew closer, Chihiro patiently awaited everyone's arrival in the cafeteria, alongside Kyoko. One by one, everyone started to show up. First and foremost, were Taka, Mondo and Taeko.

"In case it weren't obvious, it was a success," Mondo smiled "it was mostly thanks to Taka though."

"I'm honestly surprised you're still willing to cooperate with me," Taeko said "I had figured you would be most upset with me, considering what I did to Sakura and Hiro..."

"I won't try and hide my disdain Taeko," Chihiro told her "but I'll hold it back for the sake of our survival."

"And Makoto?" Taeko asked "if you're uniting us under a common goal...I'd assume he'd be here too."

"I'm here," he said, walking in the door with Mukuro as soon as she said that "and I did my part, as you can see."

"Thanks a lot Makoto. I'm really glad you were able to help us out," he smiled, then diverting his attention "but what with the...uh..."

Mukuro and Makoto both jumped back and blushed as they realized they were still holding hands.

"Holding hands in public?" Taka raised a curious eyebrow "what a bold act of PDA..."

"So you've gone from chewing out and lashing at our enemy to intertwining fates with her?" Taeko smirked "is this one of those enemies to lovers tropes?"

"We're not lovers!" Makoto snapped "and you're reading way too far into it! She just needed the boost of confidence that's all."

"Well, I suppose it's not my place to pry..." Taeko shrugged "but I'll ask again...Are you truly willing to stand alongside me if it means our escape and survival? The guilt might eat you away at night, you know?"

"Now's not the time to let personal issues get in the way of our goal," Makoto told her firmly "but, if you DO betray us again, we'll make sure you regret it...!"

"That's fine by me..." Taeko sighed.

"Considering all the distrust we had recently, and the choice words we no doubt have for each other..." Kyoko considered aloud "I'm surprised this recruitment mission went as well as it did..."

"As long as you maintain an air of confidence," an additional voice was heard in the cafeteria "you can fool someone into believing you're more charismatic than you actually are."

Everyone turned to the entrance to the room and saw Byakuya walk in. Everyone was now present.

"Wow..." Mondo sighed "we even got you, huh? This DID go better than we'd expected..."

"Hmph...believe me Owada, I can understand the feeling of not wanting myself to be present," he said "but while we do oppose each other in the killing game, I cannot deny that we do all share a common goal and interest. Until the Mastermind is exposed, we have a deal to uphold."

"Very well then, let us begin," Taka said "Chihiro. We have all gathered as you requested. Please, show us what information you uncovered."

"That's the thing. We're going to need to be discreet about it, especially if we all plan on gathering in a single place," Chihiro explained "I have no doubt Monokuma has his eyes and ears on us through the cameras, and if we all gather together where he can't see us, he'll think something was up..." 

"What do you mean "where he can't see us?"" Byakuya asked "are you insinuating that there's a room where Monokuma lacks surveillance over us?"

"Yes," Kyoko replied "there are no security camera's in the bathhouse. That's where we've hidden our trump card."