Done and Dusted

Dear Jesus,

Sharing the bed with Kathlyn proved to be an epic disaster.

She turns really often in her sleep; I opened my eyes at the loud beeping of my digital alarm clock only to find her leg on my stomach.

I don't know how I managed to make it through the night without being pushed off my own bed.

Maybe it's of greater benefits to me that I don't have a sister to share a bed with.

Priscilla was snoring softly beneath the entanglement of her blanket and sleeping bag.
Genevie stirred too at the sound of the alarm.

So this is how Genevie looks like in the wee hours of dawn without makeup, my mind voice joked. I giggled at that thought.

"Good Morning."

"Morning. What time is it?" she said, stifling a yawn. 

"It's 4:00am."

She groaned. And went straight back to sleep.

I tsked and shook my head. I've got a bunch of sleep-loving friends.

I opened my balcony door, and shut it safely and quietly after me.
I had a wonderful time of fellowship with you in our 'holy coven'.

One hour later, I re-entered my room and found Kathy up, reading her Bible. Priscilla was still asleep. Genevie was nowhere in sight.

"Good morning Ray," Kathy greeted when she saw me enter in.

"Good morning Kathy. I know you slept well, no need of asking," I said.

A small musical chuckle escaped her throat. I was just about asking her where Genevie was when I heard my bathroom door creak open.
Genevie's head peeked out from behind the door.

"Please pass me my towel. I forgot to take it in with me. It's in my bag," she said.

I did as she said, not without teasing her first. I woke Priscilla up and we all got ready for school.

Priscilla took so long in the bathroom that I had to knock on the door and ask her if she intended on exfoliating. Girls! *rolls eyes*

We got downstairs by the time the clock chimed 7:00am. I was laughing at something funny Genevie said about Kathy's hair looking like a bird's nest from the night before. Apparently, Kathy forgot to bring her hair net. Genevie was the one who helped her work out the dark, curly, tangled mess.

After we all had a quick Kellogg's cereal breakfast, Dad and Mom inclusive, we had a short prayer and went out together.

Dad drove in our Lexus Jeep towards the Trimon's on our way to school. They had an early morning appointment with the manager of Twilight News Media, to clear the misunderstanding about that fake news.

Felicia hugged me when she saw me. I could already feel her little baby bump. I could also feel her trepidation and anxiety through that hug.

That news also affected her. I mean, now it's no longer much of a secret that she's pregnant, virtually everyone who can read in this country knows that fact now.

I wonder how she's faring with her exams at St Louis High, that headquarter of rumor monging they call a school, and all that pressure.

Thankfully, today is the last paper of SCE. She would make it in time for her exam, I supposed.

She shyly greeted my parents and friends.
We got to school.

The external invigilator came early, 9:00am sharp, and didn't waste time at all. She distributed the question sheets to everyone in the hall the very instant she entered the hall.