Riding on Wings

Dear Jesus,

As I opened my eyes again I saw clearer what had previously seemed like a wall filled with black spiders.
Actually, it was the new 'design' on my room's wall.

Whoever the 'interior decorator' that repainted my room was must have not known it belongs to a girl. I mean, why will anyone give the impression of a spooky room to a vibrant teenage girl? I joked in my mind.
In this case, the pro interior decorator was Mr Fire

I turned on the bed. Well, that was a fatal mistake cos this wasn't my large, soft and fluffy pink bed. This was the three-and-half by two inches Mouka foam that formerly used to be in the visitor's room.

I fell. Face first.
Ouch!

But, having not time for a pity party, I got up and felt my face for any fractures. Thankfully there was none.

I'm blaming this on Gloria.

Ha ha. Ever since I got to meet my guardian and know her name, I have been blaming her for every slight fall or scratch that comes upon me. God forgive me.

Yesterday, Mummy Sarah decided to give me a day off. I returned back to my home yesterday. Dad said the basic repairs to our burnt house had been made and that we shouldn't overstay our welcome at the Walker's.

They were quite reluctant to let us go, as much as I was reluctant to leave them. My bond with Mummy Sarah and their whole family has deepened considerably.

Plus, I totally love working at Sarafoods. Mummy Sarah hired two more workers: a sweet college lady that works with me as a waiter (Her name is Elizabeth but she insisted I call her Lizzy. She's a Christian too), And another woman, Mrs Clara, who assists Mommy Sarah in cooking, purchases and has taken up the work of cleaning the whole restaurant.

So far, so good, we've been having a steady inflow of customers. And it has been really wonderful working at Sarafoods.

Back to me falling from my bed, I'm alive but got a small bruise on my lip.
I prayed, read the Bible and took my bath. I didn't realize how much time had gone until Mom told me to hurry when I was sluggishly washing plates.
I got to Sarafoods by 8:15am.

"You're late," John said, stating the obvious.

"I'm sorry. I got in a bit of an accident this morning." That was when he saw the small bruise on my lip. His eyes switched to concern.

"Hey, what happened?" He said, following me as I entered the Kitchen, greeted Mommy Sarah and the others and then took my purple checked apron to wear.

"Don't laugh when you hear this. I fell from my bed."

"Oh," was all he said.

"Sorry. It's treated right?" I nodded. Mom put TCP on the cut when she spotted it. According to her words, I should never brush such accidents aside to prevent catching tetanus. Since when did falling off one's bed lead to tetanus infection?

"That's good. Anyways," he continued, "we have to go to the store to get groceries."

"So soon? And what about Mrs Clara? I haven't seen her."

"She called in sick."

"Ehhh... I pray she gets better soon. She's a real asset here."

Few minutes into our
mid-morning break, after he had probably gotten the go-ahead from his mom, he came to me and said, "Let's go."

"Now?" I asked, perplexed. I was just finishing the last bites of a delicious hamburger patty and slurping my cold Milkshake.

"Who's going to attend to the customers?"