Inferno

Dear Jesus,

I had absolutely no reason to, (Well,except the fact that I had almost died in a spiritual warfare against a dragon, seen three angels and you), yet my feet involuntarily trudged downstairs into the study room.
Twas as if my system was in autopilot mode.

I entered the dimly lit library. The electric lamp that was on had already gone low. I sat on a chair by the study table and joined Dad in praying in tongues. I now am conscious of my weapon. It wrecks havoc to satan's kingdom.

After a while, we stopped and slid into worship.

"Good morning Dad," I said, watching him stand from his kneeling posture at the big chair.

"Is it morning already?"

"Yes Dad. It's already 3:30am," I said, glancing at his phone's screen for the time.

"Really?"

"Dad, don't tell me you didn't sleep."

"Well, technically, I slept in God's presence."

I smiled. Then my features creased into seriousness as I recalled my dream.

"Dad, I had another serious revelation during my sleep... I fought with a dragon. Called the antichrist spirit and it was in the church. I would have died of not for Jesus who sent my guardian angel just in time."

"Hmm... Thank God for victory. The Lord has also revealed to me about the antichrist spirit being in the world already as opposed to the popular notion that he will only appear at the tribulation."

"In fact, I have been awake all night praying and praying. Julia joined me too, she just went to sleep a few moments ago because as you know, tomorrow is Thursday and she has to go teach music at her school."

"You won't believe that the news of annulment of the rumour was made yester-night..." I was about to say Hallelujah. Dad cut me short by completing his sentence. "...but with a strong clause that 'the claims of both parties involved' hasn't yet been confirmed by the legal authorities." I sucked in my breath.

No, no, no... This is only getting worse. The implication of that statement is that Twilight News is not clearing Dad's name and is calling upon the law to do so.

"I know that this is a spiritiual battle. An attack against the Church. But Jesus has promised us victo–"

Kaboom! Ok. Truth is, it didn't sound kaboom. It sounded more like Gboaaaa!!!

I would have passed it off as fireworks, if not that it sounded so near. And December is still a month away. This was no season for loud bangers.

The shock wave it produced shook the library's walls.

"What was that?" I asked, frightened. Panic bubbled up within me. It definitely sounded from our house.

"It sounded from the kitchen area..." Dad said as he took quick steps towards the kitchen.

Lo and behold, the kitchen was up in flames!

As fast as flash, Dad shot out of the kitchen and went to fetch Mom from their room.

I was frantic. I didn't even know what to think or do. And my room was directly above the kitchen. Seeing the rate at which the fire was burning, I knew if we were unable to quench the fire soon enough, my whole room will be left in rumbles of charred nothings.

I don't know how I got the speed but I raced up the stairs to my room, quickly fetched a dark purple tote bag that was lying lazily on my chair.

If there was anything I was going to lose, it was definitely not to be this diary. And my Bible of course. Just luckily for my phone, it happened to be lying in my bedside right next to my Bible and diary.