The grey eyed Mr Stranger

Dear Jesus,

I was free today.

No exam paper. No school. Today's Friday, meaning I'll still be free for approximately two more days.

Well, technically, I'm going to be really busy.

I sometimes wonder Lord, how the most important and busiest days of one's life tend to crowd themselves into close range almost strangling the poor victim.

Like the period of your crucifixion when you did the Passover, then Gethsemane struggle, then betrayal, then denial, then torture, then your death, then your descending to Hades to collect the key of hell from the devil, then your truimphant resurrection. All that happened within three days.

I mean is it a law of the universe or what? Whew! was I ranting so hard? I feel out of breath already.

So, in essence, I'm trying to say that my first statement was ironic.

There's going to be a love feast for our Church family this Sunday.

Since we are a large congregation and love feast is about intimacy, love and sharing in the body of Christ, we split the love feast into different home locations.

Each member is to attend the love feast in the nearest location to him or her.

As should be expected, we're hosting a love feast in our own house. Mom even suggested making it outdoors in the garden (She wants to flaunt her hard work a bit, I guess).

I woke up a bit late. I was tired from all the running about I did yesterday cos of our Chemistry practical exam.

Trisha was paired with me. Yeah, the same Trisha, Charios beauty queen.

I had been silently hoping I'll be paired with my bestie and my own geek, Kathy but I was rudely disappointed. Trisha of all people.

It's not easy working with someone you secretly detest. I mean, once upon a time she succeeded in stealing the heart of Josh, my one time secret crush.

Plus, she's so slow. Very slow. Maybe that's a criteria for being a school Queen. I almost felt as if I was working with a crab in human skin.

Thankfully, the Holy Spirit was there to caution me and remove the hatred from my heart (What would I ever do without you sweet Holy Spirit?).

I did most of the work, saving both myself and her from a disaster of an F in Chemistry practical.

I awoke, by your Grace and didn't miss my quiet time. I made sure I properly asked for forgiveness for the slight hatred I allowed in my heart while I was working with Trisha. I really need a lot of working upon. Jealousy must be rooted away, before it consumes me.

At about 11:00am in the morning, when I had finished my chores and done a bit of studying the topic Waves in Physics, mom sent me to Viscer Mall in town to get groceries and some extra supplies for the love feast.

I took dad's ATM card, some cash from my personal savings (you know, just in case I saw something I wanted for myself) and my phone, all safely tucked in my purse.

I wore a jean and white top, fashion sandals and an Alice band to hold my brown hair which I let down. Off I went out of Shalom-Eloh estate on a bus to Viscer Mall, Mangrone Strait.

I've been there on several occasions with my mom whenever we have to do massive shopping. This time I went by myself, with you Lord as my escort.

 This time I went by myself, with you Lord as my escort