Sunday Medleys

Dear Jesus,

Yipee! I'm alive on the first day of the month of June and indeed it's Spring time.
The chirping robins, cooing pigeons, bright blue sky and scent of flowers wafting from the garden all attested to that fact.

Today is Sunday—my best day of the week cos that's when I get to spend quality time in your presence with the rest of my Christian family.
That makes today a Thanksgiving Sunday, so I was bubbling over with joy unspeakable.

I had a mini-concert in the shower while I took my bath, singing Hallelujah by Nathaniel Bassey (I know I'm not that great of a singer but I love it cos the walls make my voice echo, as though I'm in a studio or something).

I donned my purple, Chevron, maxi gown (made me feel like the royal princess of God I truly am), and my silver wedged-heels. To compliment my shoes, I wore my silver-studded, white purse and silver accessories (earrings, necklace and wristwatch).

I pulled my straight, silky, brown hair into a cute-looking ponytail and jelled the edges of my hair into curly edges. Light make-up graced my pimpleless face. I really don't like make-up; it makes me feel so artificial.
I'm glad I don't have pimples or acne or freckles. I know the trouble most girls take to eradicate those nightmares.

Everything in place, I stood to admire my reflection in front of my wardrobe's full-length mirror. I twirled in excitement. I had to admit, I looked breathtaking.
The sun rays, filtering through my opened window, gave my light, brown skin a golden gloss.
The sweet smile I had plastered to my face was so enthralling.
*Blushes* I could almost see your smile.

I left my room and went downstairs to the kitchen to make breakfast.
My parents were getting dressed for church while I was at it.
After they came down from their room, I greeted them respectfully. We all sat at the dinning table to eat breakfast.

Coconut bread and scrambled eggs was the general deal. For beverages, I had hot cocoa, Dad had his usual coffee latte, while Mom, who is a fan of all natural and healthy stuff, had ginger and honey tea.

Dad told me that I looked beautiful while he was driving us to church in our Lexus jeep. The church is only about an hour's drive away from our home.

I smiled at his compliment, showing my dimple while looking at him through the rear-mirror. He winked back at me.

"Well Dad, I know it's because you chose the most angelic and beautiful woman to be my mom," I joked.

"God gave me her, my dear." The love I saw in his eyes while he looked at my already-blushing Mom was divine.
Oh Jesus, prepare for me a man who will love me for me like my dad loves my mom.
Better still, give me someone who will unconditionally love me the way you do.

"Oh Kennedy Abraham," my mom said as she slapped his arm playfully, "keep your eyes on the road, will you? I'm sure you won't want your pretty wife and daughter dead." I chuckled.

Thankfully, we safely arrived, unscathed, at our local assembly—The Redeemer's Love Church. The joy was infectious, the love, tangible, and the peace settled upon us like a blanket when this family of God worshipped as one.
It's so thrilling to be in your house; almost feels like my hairs are standing on end at the thought of that.

The time for testimony-sharing came. I rose up after two others. The first testifier was a lady who obtained favour in the sight of her boss;. She was given a promotion letter instead of a sack letter, much to the disappointment of her competitors.
The second man was healed of a severe hurting pain in his lower abdomen during the course of the prayers on Friday's encounter hour. The church made a joyful noise to the Lord.