Cousin Versus Bestie

Dear Jesus,

It was a deep struggle for all of us to end our time of worship, but after almost two hours of intense Spirit-led worship and prayers, we were released. It was simply ethereal.

Besides, the scorching sun, blazing high up in the sky, would have defied any further attempt to stay.

"Hallelujah!" A deep voice, which I'd recognize anywhere as my Dad's, said. I swirled and saw him just behind our little gathering. I gave him a sweet smile.
He looked proud of us all.

"This is the generation of they that seek you, Lord," he said. My lips exploded into a wide grin.

He came closer to us and we all greeted him. Dad recognized Nathan immediately I told Dad his name during their introduction.

"You're Pastor Victor Fremont's son, Healing Assembly, right?" Dad said as he shook Nathan's hand firmly.

"Yes sire," Nathan replied, smiling as always. He was just a few inches taller than my Dad and had to bow slightly as he answered. It's funny what an advantage being a teenager can be.

"Wow! You're all grown up now. The last time I saw you were toddling. Just look how well you've grown."

Nathan was all smiles, with his tanned face creased at the edges of his eyes and mouth.

"My regards to your family. Tell your Dad that I'll see Him soon. We have something to discuss."

"I'll let him know sir."

"Ken, we have to go now!" Mom's musical voice floated towards us as she strode into the garden.

"Mom! You're still here? Aren't you already late for the Choir rehearsal?" I exclaimed. She was supposed to have gone some hours ago.

"I told Mrs Freda to anchor the rehearsal. We're going to the airport," she replied me.

And click! that was when I recalled that Aunt June and Hirena are to arrive today. Excited chills travelled up my spine. I could help but grin. Oh what fun we'll have together!

"You stay at home. You're still recuperating. Besides, you must entertain your friends."

After waving goodbye at my parents, I hurried back into the house to meet my friends.

Thankfully, the electric supply was kinda steady today. I put on the TV and channel surfed until I found a station where a Christian movie was playing.

Actually, that was just for courtesy's sake. Majority of the group were content to talk and gist, particularly Genevie. She was super excited that she's filled with the Spirit. It took quite some time before she was able to come around, for she had lain prostrate on grass and sang in tongues for a long time.

Excusing myself from the living room, I shuffled into the kitchen, put some fresh fruits and juice into a tray. It wasn't anything fancy. Just some apples, oranges, a bunch of bananas and some strawberries.

My Mom is a strong advocate of fruits and veggies. Never will the house be bare of these "necessities for healthy survival", as my Mom would say.

They were happy, relieved even,q went I tabled it. It was almost 4:00pm. Fruits was the best food to break their fast. They all dived into the tray and picked the one they preferred.

I settled for bananas.

John was glancing surreptitiously my way, like he wanted to talk to me.

I was tempted to ask him why he was stealing glances at me like that but I restrained myself. Whatever might be the reason, I'd rather not know. I'm still recovering from the bruises of my slip about him. Lord help me.