She's In Heaven

Dear Jesus,

This morning I woke up early, all thanks to you. The clock read 4:00am.

The events of yesterday played before my mind and I couldn't help but smile. Dad is vindicated, at last!
It seemed all too good to be true.

I knelt down on the couch and prayed.

"Oh Lord God, I thank you. I thank you. I thank you. I thank you because victory belongs to you. Thank you for vindicating my family. Thank you for arising for our sakes..."

And so my worship elnogated into one whole whooping hour. It felt like one minute to me.

I didn't forget to pray about the demonic serpents we had seen.
"Let them be as chaff before the wind and let the angel of the Lord chase them. Let their way be dark and slippery and let the angels of the Lord punish them," I prayed, using the scripture Psalm 35:5-6.

I smiled as I visualized a scene of Gloria giving them a thorough whacking and then sending them into outer darkness.

I hope those ones will never try to mess around with God's children again. Demons can be stubborn. But You are greater than them all.

I stood up and wanted to go ease myself. As quiet as a mouse, I tiptoed past James and John's room to the general toilet in that section of their house. The toilet was directly opposite their room. I could hear a low baritone voice praying, most probably John.

I came out and was about continuing my tiptoeing journey right back to the living room when the door of their room opened and out came John.

I could have as well died on the spot. Could my day start off any worse? Here I was, in my annoying PJs (Mom forgot to bring me a new one), with my brown hair a mass of disaster, with sleep bags encircling my eyes, no morning breath, thankfully (I brushed when I escaped from this same John to the toilet yester-night), sneaking like a ninja from an hideout.

Ninjas are cool. I looked like an uncool alien. I looked like a cat caught stealing fish. Talk about embarrassment!

I was praying fervently for the earth to open up and swallow me or that Gloria would suddenly appear and teleport me to another realm.

Apparently, that isn't a nice prayer to answer. Thanks for not minding me.

"What are you doing?" he asked. His eyebrows were arched up, wondering about my frozen state. I felt like Anna in Frozen.

I almost shrivelled up at the cool sound of his voice. Surely he hasn't forgotten my stupid blunder of hugging him last night, has he?

"Ehm... Um..." I stuttered, trying to think of something intelligible to say. No single coherent sentence could be formed by my now jumbled brain. I gave up and gestured toward the toilet.

He nodded.

"Good morning, I guess?" I said, fidgeting with my toes.

Who says 'I guess' after good morning? Girl, you're receiving the official award for the Klutziest person of the century.

He smiled and replied me good morning.

That smile. I don't think I'll look at him when he smiles. He has a cute dimple on his right cheek.

My face flushed, not visibly thankfully, and my heart gained speed.

Seriously Jesus, I'm tired of this heart. Is there a way one can pluck it off and still live?

"Wanna go on a walk?"

What could have been a worse decision for me at the moment? But my mouth blurted "Sure" before I could even think.