Sarafoods

Dear Jesus,

Mrs Walker was fussing all over me when we got to their house.

James came out rubbing his eyes when he heard our voices. He was still sleepy and couldn't fathom why we were in their house at such a time.

Mrs Walker ushered him back into his room before he could utter his sleepy mumble jumble.

Their cottage isn't really big so Mom and Dad took the single guest room they had. John was like he'd sleep in the couch while I took his bed.

I knew I could never sleep in his bed. Not with his scent so close.
The flesh is a cunny monster.

I politely insisted that I'd be fine in the couch. John looked skeptical but Mommy Sarah agreed since John and James shared a room.
She said I'd want the privacy and I couldn't agree less.

I fell into a fitful nap on their soft couch.

The aroma of baking sweet potatoes woke me up from sleep.

Rays of early morning sunshine lighted up the comfy sitting room.

I heard Mommy Sarah's voice humming a lively tone from the kitchen.

I sat up and prayed. Briefly.

"Dear Lord, I thank you for making me and my family safe from the onslaught of the enemy. Thank you because you always cause us to triumph. Thank you for the Walkers, how you sent them to be of help."

"I don't know what tommorow will bring but I can rest assured that you have promised to be with me no matter what I pass through. Holy Spirit help me. To be strong. To be vigilant and watchful. For in Jesus' mighty name I pray. Amen."

I took my Bible and read the book of Isaiah chapter forty-three.

Holy Spirit spoke to me.
Fear not...
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you...
When you walk through fire, you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

I basked in the comfort your still small voice gave.

I stood up and stretched.

Finding the kitchen wasn't difficult. All I had to do was to follow the delicious smell wafting through the cold morning air.

"Good Morning ma'am," I innocently and shyly greeted.

She turned, placed her clean left arm on her waist, and looked at me in a way that sent the message, Told you not to call me that, haven't I?

"Sorry, Mommy Sarah," I corrected myself.

She smiled. "I like it that you attached the Mommy prefix to it. Did you sleep well?"

"Barely," I said quietly as I organized the bowls she was washing into the plate rack on the shelf.

"You don't have to. I can handle it."

"I'd love to help."

"That just what I am looking for in my employees. The Love to help," she said approvingly.
"That reminds me," she continued, "I know it barely even a day since I made the offer, but have you had time to pray about what it?"

"Yes. And it's a yes."
I got my confirmation from the code you gave me in my dream, that the answer is before me. And besides, it wouldn't hurt to acquire some money for my personal upkeep during this holiday.
I could reduce the strain on my parent's expenditure as a result of spending to repair our house.

She broke into a wide grin and looked ready to pull me into a bear hug but for the fact that both her hand were damp with soapy water.

By the time the whole house was up, breakfast was set on their six seater dinning table.