My Guardian Angel

Dear Jesus,

Wheeze, puff... Huff, puff... In and out...

My breath was coming out in puffs.

Hard, worked-out puffs. Puffs like that of a woman in the third stage of labour.

Everything swirled in a blur as I fought for dear life.

Taking a proper survey of my surrounding was impossible, to avoid being burnt into oblivion, but I instinctly knew that I was in the church auditorium.

I had found myself walking down the aisle towards the altar. Suddenly, the earth began to tremble and I had to hold on to the pillar in the middle of the aisle to steady myself.

I didn't have time to ask myself what was the cause of the tremor because a second later, a large dragon erupted before me like hot lava from a volcano.

The monster before me looked like it had been awoken from the jurassic age. It had blood red eyes. Dark scaly skin, looking so scratchy that one could almost pity the dragon who owned it, covered whatever unseeable innards that lied beneath that fearful body.

Frightened out of my wits, I screamed in terror. JESUS!!!

I mean, who wouldn't. It looked absolutely hideous. Like a picture right out of abysmal Hades.

And I began looking round the auditorium, which surprisingly looked really large, for a hiding spot. Hundred times larger than in real life. It seemed to be expanding.

And that infuriated my foe the more. Plus the fact that I had called Your name, which it obviously hated. I ended up in the receiving end of its anger.

Streams of hot lava flowed towards me from the dragon's mouth.
It looked like the replay of my other recent dream about godzilla.

Only this time, I was prepared. The shower of fire couldn't hurt that much because I was wearing the complete armour that my guardian angel had given me.

Didn't she say she'd always be at my service? Where the heavens was she?

I stopped my futile search and started fighting.

Weakly, though. It was like the scene of David facing Goliath.

By then the expanding auditorium had transformed a wide grassy field.

A stream of fire hit my bare back. Aaahhh! I screamed. Excruciating pain flooded my being. That was when I realized that I didn't have anything to cover my back.

I gritted my teeth. The pain was too much.

At that point I grew really weak and I fell down. The dragon started pressing in on me. His scaly body scratched the exposed part of my skin and blood oozed out unrestricted. He was wrestling with me, pressing so hard on me that I felt my life being sucked out.

I knew that if I didn't get back up fast, I might die from either blood loss or strangulation. Using my last energy, I prayed.

"Lord Jesus save me. Send your host to help me."

As if on cue, my guardian angel appeared. Lightning flashed at her entrance and the dragon roared fearfully, affected by the immense light of her glory.

Her sword drawn, her eyes flaring with the holy Shekinah flame of God and her mouth uttering an unknown tongue, probably what the Bible refers to as tongues of angels, she advanced and effortlessly sliced off his scaly arm which was squeezing my lower abdomen.

ROOOOAAARRRR!

He, or should I say it,  roared so loudly that the earth shook.

Black gooey blood splattered on her spotless garment and on my face. Ewww...