One Rare Day of Rest

Dear Jesus,

It’s been one whole week since I wrote to you last. Yeah, I know. How pathetic of me. *Covers face in palm*. It wasn’t on purpose though. I’ve just been super-duper busy lately.

Thankfully, I’ve been able to keep up with my daily time of fellowship with you and it keeps getting better. I guess I was just too lazy to sit down and write.

Most of the time, when I get back from school, which has been later than normal cos of the after-school compulsory lessons that has been mandated for all final class students, I’d have to do my chores and then tackle my huge pile of assignments.

By the time I’m done, I’d be so drained that all I want to do is just shower and jump on bed to sleep.

My Saturdays are now almost the busiest days of the week for me. I figured I have to serve you somehow, so I volunteered as a Sunday School teacher for the kids and teenage girls since I’m obviously good at that. *Grins*.

I’d have loved to join the choir (which most pastors’ daughters I know, or have heard of, do). Unfortunately, my singing isn’t that great (Too bad I didn’t get that gene from Mom).

I really wouldn’t wanna embarrass myself and the choir with my not-so-good singing voice. I can almost hear you say it isn’t that bad.
Really, Jesus… Really? *Smiles stupidly in flashback mode*.

Well, maybe I’m just exaggerating the whole issue. But, I vividly remember one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. You won’t laugh at me cos you understand, right?

So, it all happened in JSS2 during Charios’ annual talent show. I innocently signed up for the singing competition. What pushed me for goodness's sake?

Long story short, I almost peed on stage when the audience started laughing at me cos of an off-key note I belted.
Some even booed and made catcalls.
 My high-pitched voice started quavering as I had suddenly developed a major degree of stage fright ailment.
*Shivers*.
I won’t relish a reoccurrence of that event at all. So, you get the picture…

I’m free today because, even though it’s Friday. We have a public holiday.

Today is also Kathlyn’s birthday. I invited her over to my house. She told me she’d be coming with her little sis so we can all have fun together.

I guess Mom and Dad have plans to go on a date or something. (*Coos sweetly* Awwwn… How romantic!)
I don’t mind though. I’ll be having company and I have their permission too.

10:00am

Knock… knock… knock…

“Who’s there?” I shouted from my room and raced to the front door.

Mom and Dad left about twenty minutes ago and the house was quiet.
I was reading John Bunyan’s The Pilgrim's Progress, the comic version, sprawled on my bed, when I heard the rap on the door.

“It’s me, Kathlyn.”

I swung the door open and met a smiling Kathlyn looking right at me.
She had her right hand entwined with the left hand of a little-girl version of her that looked about twelve years old. Her other free hand was holding a basket.

“Happy birthday, girl,” I squeaked in delighted euphoria.
I pulled her into a warm embrace after she dropped her luggage.

She was equally glad and thanked me for the prayers and birthday wishes I had sent her at 12:00am this morning.

I wondered aloud whether had she really been awake at that time. I, on the other hand, was awake because I had set my alarm in order to be the first to wish her happy birthday.