First Encounter

Dear Jesus,

Last night’s dream stuck to my mind just as a magnet sticks to iron.

I remember that during my quest for you, Holy Spirit, I read in the book of prophet Joel the promise you made that in the last days when you are outpoured upon all flesh, the young men and handmaidens will see visions and dream dreams.

Back in my old life, I recall having terrifying nightmares.

I don’t really remember what they were about but I usually awoke with tremors and sweat.

At times, I’d cry out in fear when the dreams would seem so real and even the dark shadows would seem as if ready to pounce on me. Dad and mom would most times come to cuddle me and pray with me and sing me lullabies to sleep.

Last night was… how should I put it? Pleasantly different.

I found myself in a passage in which I walked alone. I wasn't afraid cos the passage was brightly lit and very beautiful. I was actually fascinated by the whole scene that I walked slowly staring at the intricate design on the walls and ceiling.

I came upon a large, wooden door that looked so uninviting in contrast to the passage hall. Somehow, I knew I had to go through it.
I fumbled in my bosom for a key but found none.

Compelled to look up, I did and saw an engraving which I didn't notice before.

It read 'Knock and it shall be opened!'

I knocked once, feeling rather uncertain cos I didn't know what was on the other side.

The door opened gracefully without the tiniest creaking noise.

The light that greeted me was so blinding that I had to, rather unsuccessfully, shield my eyes with my hands. My pupils constricted to adjust to the glare as I stepped forward as if being pulled by a magnetic force of attraction.

"Daughter, come." A voice that rippled with power like the waves of an ocean spoke to me from the heart of the light.

Then I saw you.
Clearly.
You stepped out of the light in your human form.

Words cannot describe what you look like. The sight was so fearful and soothing at the same time. Your glory made me feel so awed and acutely aware of my unworthiness. I looked down at myself on the verge of tears.

You drew near and touched both my shoulders ever so softly. A sensation that felt like icy, fiery piercing began to tingle on them. I gasped and looked at my right shoulder. Your hand, still on my shoulder glowed a bright red Cross sign where I think the imprint of your crucifixion nail should have been.

"Set me as a seal upon your arm and heart. I have poured my Spirit upon you because you'll need Him to weather the storms that will soon arise."

Your voice was so sweet that I felt my heart about to melt.
You continued as you fixed your gaze on me.

Your eyes were intense and soft; I could get lost in them forever.

"You must stay closer to me and obey my Spirit. Don't fall when temptations come. Beware of the wolves and foxes that'll try to spoil you. Hearken to my voice not your flesh. I AM with you till the end of time."

You hugged me. The sweet fragrance of you was like the peculiar smell of fresh blood mixed with frankincense, myrrh and aloes. I don't really fathom how I knew that fact cos I've never smelt this scent before in real life. I inhaled deeply and sighed in content as I closed my eyes and hugged you back.

I opened my eyes and found myself in my bed hugging my pillow.

As I sat up on my bed, every tiny detail of the dream replayed in my mind.