Jingle Bells

Dear Jesus,

It's Christmas! How fast time flies.

Okay, I'll confess.
I'm so guilty for not writing to you all this while, and I'm sorry.

Yes, today was hectic, but I promised myself that I would not miss writing at least a birthday card to you today.
So, here it goes:

✓✓✓•••~~~~~~•••✓✓✓

To Jesus, my love,

I don't have words to thank you enough for humbling yourself and coming down to this wretched world to save us.

I don't have words to praise you enough for coming just as it was prophesied in scripture.

I don't have anything in my hands to give you, no gold, myrhh or frankincense to offer as the Magi did.

But I do have one thing:
My heart.

Let it be an acceptable birthday gift from me to you today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!

Yours eternally,
Radiance.

✓✓✓•••~~~~~~•••✓✓✓

I hope you like it. I'm not so much of a poet. Ha ha!

Today was so Ah-May-Zin!!!
It was my best Christmas celebration ever. I'm going to tell it all here. But before that, let me make a list of all the things that had happened during the time I hadn't been writing to you.

•Luke actually brought his whole family back to church. They came on a Wednesday Bible Study.

•The Christmas decorations that Mrs Clara and Elizabeth (my coworkers) did at Sarafoods was lit. It was simple, yet attractive. I learnt a bit from watching them, and applied it in my own room with the help of Kathy and Hirena.

•Mrs Carey is already better. I went last week Friday from Sarafoods to visit her. We had tea and cake. I totally enjoyed the cool evening breeze on her pouch.

•College resumes early next year. I've been shopping both for College stuff and Christmas.

•Trisha and Mrs Hewett have been regular attenders of our church's foundation Bible class. Once they are done with the basics of the Christian faith, they will be baptized in water.

I think that's about it.

Right from last night, I had already prepared myself for a busy day.
All through Christmas Eve, we concluded the last bits of the decorations, present wrapping, and pre-cooking preparations.

Early in the morning, around 6:00am, we all left for church.
My dad believes that it would be worthless and rather unfair to celebrate Christmas without acknowledging and worshipping the one who is the reason for the season.

I quite agree with him. Many people don't know what Christmas is really about. They just think it's an avenue for Santa Claus to come and magically make all their wishes come true. They think that it's the time to eat cake and rice and chicken.

For me, from this time forth, Christmas has gotten a new essence. Christmas has become all about you, Christ my Lord.

The Christmas service was awesome. The choir, clad in a beautiful red-and-white-themed uniform topped with different grades of Christmas caps, sang several Christmas carols harmoniously. The one I loved the most was: