chapter - 21

Manik's POV.

I'm literally in awe with this place. The smell of woods make it more refreshing and seeing her excitement  was the most amazing thing I ever see. Her eyes are twinkling in the moonlight with happiness even under her glasses.

The real part is her showing the fireflies. They are glowing like stars in the darkness. It was truly a sight to watch. I felt she was like an angel made me remember my dancing angel. But I don't want to pry on things now, breaking the beautiful moment we are sharing. She was trying to catch a Firefly which I found it cute but then the flash erupts the flies move away which I forget to off. I said sorry holding my one ear for that but afterall I captured her picture that's it.

We enjoyed the nature for a little and then I got bored. But here she looks like,she will stay here for long if I let her stay. My tummy growled hinting my hunger. We went to a Restaurant and ordered biryani for both of us. While the beer bottles on our way near the forest worried me to the core.

Suddenly fear spread in me thinking about something might have happen.Anything might have happen, if she goes there solo. So I stated truth for her without thinking about her point of view. Her words confirmed that she is going even at late hours for refreshment which is definitely harmful.

I completely forgot about her choice and demanded in my way not to go there. Realising my change in voice by her odd look made me come to my senses. I restrained myself calming down and as I want her to understand the situation and said that to take me with her. And again my subconscious questioned me why am I getting angry at her. I'm just a mere friend to her. she herself taken care of her this long, then...then.... why my urge to protect her is so strong. Then my promise to aunt came to my mind. I shut my innervoices saying it to suffice my strong urge. Afterall  she agreed that only matters.

We ate and went to house. Seeing her bonding with grandpa made me feel something less, missing our time reminding of our best days. But not wanting to think, I went up and get freshened and came down just in a few minutes. I found grandpa was  leaving to sleep.we sat down on watching movie. My mind drifted to today's events. We won the match , I'm happy about it,then sudden realization hit about her absence in the match.

I can't ask her directly, so I asked about how she spent her day? But she cut me off saying 'Good'. I know she is not going to say easily. I let my true questions out. But she was not going to say clearly ..she got bored that too that much tense match, which we are about lose. I have to know what happened. I know something happened or else why would she leave in middle of the match. The other thing is that she is little tensed during and was thinking in her.

I wanted exact answers, so I threatened her to spill it. Or else I know she don't say. As I thought she wanted to escape without saying. And again I threatened her by name of aunty, afterall this is only thing I have. And I succeeded.

But What I heard about her was I never thought. She went through a lot. I truly wanted to punch that guy in his face for hurting my bestie. And  I will make sure doing it. And Dhruv her childhood friend took me totall surprise.Then I understood maybe this was the reason he was defending her from Kabir.  If I was back in Mumbai , I won't care about students getting bullied but hearing her pain I felt sorry those who got bullied by me.

One thing that got stucked in my throat that Is she really love him that much, afterall her eyes showing off and her distant voice clearly states how much she got hurt made me little restless to know. Then her knowing that she hate that L word which made me little confused. Should I happy or not. But I am happy she was no more holding onto the past especially to that guy.

I had urge to hug her and say that everything will be OKAY while I am beside you but restrained myself doing it. Then she gained herself from the past, And asked the unexpected question that Dhruv said about it. He never said something about themselves. This was completely unexpected but yeah I am happy that she is happy and seeing bright side of life.