chapter-87

Manik's POV

The next day, Krish called me and asked me to come fast to the ground. I went to school in haste, What might have happened in school, that they said to come fast early in the morning, that to school. Reaching there, I didn't find anything weird as they were just scrolling up the phone. everyone's phones were buzzing with messages. Rishi said she was amazing, to which he got glares. I glanced at their mobiles, All my friends were watching a particular video. Seeing me Krish said "See, you didn't trust us right!. See here", showing a video playing on the mobile, in which some girl in a hoodie is fighting. She was kicking hard on someone's lower abdomen making him whimper, while some other attacked her from backwards. That's when She turned to punch him off showing her face. It was Nandini, my innocent Nandini. seriously, she was fighting, fighting, and it turned into messy as one-on-one fighting with her, and the video went off.

I was shocked was an understatement. Never did I think of Nandu as a fighter. But why did she hide this from me? Why does she have to hide things from me? That's when Rishi chided and said, We said that she is faking everything, but you never trusted us. Everyone chided me at that moment blaming me, that I trusted her blindly. But I've seen her through everything, so why did she have to hide things? That day the reality hit me. After their death, I lost trust in people and humanity. But again and again, I'm making the same mistake of trusting everyone.

I tried to avoid her being hurt with her, but avoiding her was the most difficult thing I could do. Whenever I sat beside her, I expected her to speak up explaining things or to be silent. But without both of them, she talks as if nothing has happened. There was always,' Nandu ' centre of the topic within us, while I just didn't speak up about anything. While Dhruv gets away when her topic arises as they hate her so much, I don't know why.

Until, that day Sir punished her to get out, I felt bad even though she should have been the one who felt it. I stood with her, feeling guilty.

I don't want to talk to her, but seeing her in pain hurts me more, like when she fell on the ground the other day. I didn't have any second thoughts only about her safety. I took her to school on my bike. Why doesn't she prioritize me, like I do for her? That day, my friends daunted me like no other day.

Made me again remain distant as somewhere even I felt their words were true. As I fell for her completely, even
not caring myself. As I'm always losing my temper with them and was on mood swings.

Then again, when I heard that she was starving herself about something. There I was worried about her so much. Even I saw her skipping meals today, while she always sat with Rihaan and his friends. It didn't settle with me, that she was friendly with him. But who am I to question her? So I just had an eye for her, even after knowing she could protect herself.

So I went to Aunty asking for the plated food for her. Aunt asked, Does anything happen in school? as she won't be usually this sad. I nodded ' No'.Then she asked," Is it between you?". I didn't reply and went upstairs. There she was looking like a zombie with a dull face, irritation written all over her face.

I went in and sat beside her and forwarded the plate staring into her eyes so that she might say what I expected. But no, she got up angrily after a few seconds pushing the plate away and moved upstairs. As she was not wearing any jacket, while the temperature was cold outside I grabbed the jacket and followed after her. However, she was angry at me which should be the other way around. So I hugged her tightly with the jacket made me go insane, being close to her. Hearing her heartbeat made me feel calm and enticing. I loved her touch, that distinct fragrance, that came from soothes me. It clouded my mind with intense feelings, I had for her. I blurted out the things unintentionally led by my heart as my mind stopped working.

But her reaction made me go insane, regretting my words. I shouldn't be led by heart. It didn't settle within me. I was too delusional, expecting the other way around about her feelings for me. But her getting panicked was never expected I made her sit down to calm her, but calming her made me lose my calmness.

I got up angrily, which I controlled till now. I didn't expect this kind of reaction. In the first place, I didn't expect any reaction at all. I said based on my thoughts or feelings. But her reaction made me stunned and not knowing how to react, I have to say, that I got afraid.

With thoughts, I stepped down. seeing Aunty, I forced Smile to move out. But Aunty got up and called me. I turned to her," Did she eat Manik!?".

"No Aunty. But she will," I replied thinking that she might eat. She came near me and asked me to say that she wanted to talk for a minute. I nodded and sat before her on the table. "What am I to you Manik?", she asked me and made me think about what happened to these guys, and why are they behaving and asking weirdly. She waited for my answer.

" You're my Aunt, more than my own", I replied truthfully.

" Like you feel, I feel like you're my son. I don't want my son to fall in the wrong way".

"What is the wrong way," I blurted not knowing where this was going.

"Other than studies and sports, everything is the wrong way at this age", she said making me stunned. I doubt she heard our conversation.

"I know beta, at this age, you think whatever you feel is correct. But 'No', never listens to heart, Listen to your mind, Think wise and choose wisely." She said narrowing her eyes at me like accusing me.

"We have to live according to the society's norms, not to our wishes. I don't want to beat over bushes Manik. I heard what you said to Nandu. I'm not going to stop you or about to warn you. But I'm stating the reality". To which I was about to say, "What I feel...". But Aunt stopped," You don't need to answer me," I know you 'Manik', I don't want you or Nandu to face the wrath of society. Even your Mom and Dad said the same thing if they were Alive,' To Behave'.With that she left there, I was angry with her, but more with Myself.

So many thoughts and so many questions were erupting making my brain messy. I stormed out of the house, somewhere I was guilty, somewhere I was angry. My heart strongly believes that what I'm doing is nothing wrong, while my brain is taunting, me that you broke Aunt's trust.

I went in to see me, Grandpa switched off the TV and asked me to have some food. Ignoring it, I asked him, whether he had eaten anything to which, he nodded ' Yes'. I got tablets for him and made sure that he slept. But his eyes were on me, till sleep embraced him, with tablets effect.

Seeing him, there was uneasiness settled in me. I went upstairs and held my guitar tuning it. With that, I started playing and that's when the bell rang indicating someone was at the doorstep.

I opened the door revealing Nandini. Being tired of everything, I asked her to leave. But she didn't leave and moved in and sat on the couch. Making the situation worse by being persistent which only means trouble.

Even though being near her calms me, her words cut through my heart. If someone is in my situation and I heard about it, that he got rejected. I would have said, Be happy, this is for your best. But happening to myself, I can't take things that way. So I don't want to prolong this topic and make our situation worse. But she won't budge about my feelings, except hers.

I wanted her to be happy but, she was okay with life, the way it was going. If she was okay with it, I'm too. With that, she left the room. I was watching her retreating figure. Something inside me asking me to hold her in my arms, not to let her go away. But I can't.

She went to normal from the next day, but here I was struggling to maintain distance from her made me divert my consciousness with music and sports. Every time she nears me, Aunt's words rang in my head made me avoid her.

Announcement of exams was made and ,she was so excited to do combine studies,but.....

******************************
Hey guys, How are you all?Hope you came to know about his cause of his actions. Love you all.Vote, Like and Share.