chapter-88

Manik's POV

An announcement of exams was made and, she was so excited to combine studies, but I didn't want to. I wanted her presence but my thoughts were drifting to more proximity rubbing off the distance between us. But I shouldn't follow my heart. Sometimes not following our heart is a good thing in a good way. Then her anger made me more amused. These days she was being angry all the time at me only. And change in her behaviour seeing me made me angry at her but amused me at the same time. As she was smiling wide with her friend Navya, seeing me suddenly her smile drop into seriousness made me chuckle. Even though we are not like being close, we are for one another. She helps in complete my notes, even after being angry, glares at me whenever some girl approaches me, Always has an eye on me and turns her face, whenever our eyes meet.  With her being distant, emptiness filled in my heart. But again my heart swelled with Love, that even she had feelings towards me. With things changing between us, every one of my friends has their share of doubts about us, which I can't discuss for now.

After that incident, I being guilty distanced myself from Aunt. With that, Aunt came for me and explained things in her way lightened my mood, but her trust in me made me feel more guilty. she asked me to be normal like before, and I said, "I will", but I can't.

Later we were back to normal and In the the morning, my aunt called me to inform me that tomorrow they were preparing for pooja. So, She asked me to go with Nandu in the evening as she was persistent about going alone as she has a shift. Today in school, she completely avoided me as she sat with her friends and then she never once glanced at me like before. I wanted to ask about it, but she was not even glancing at me. I tried to ask her about it, but I got scolded by the teacher made me move out of the class.

Later in the break, she didn't come out of the room. So, I entered the class to talk with her, but she ignored me and sat with Navya, Rihaan and others discussing studies, not even glancing at me while all eyes were on me when entering the room.

Even after break, she sat with them only leaving me alone made me angry and annoyed. During Lunch, I was staring at her, but she was talking happily with her friends, even with Rihaan made my blood boil as my friends already knew that I had a thing for her made things worse that she was happy with them.
I abruptly got up but Kabir patted my hand to calm me, my mind was messy and my heart was nonetheless. So, I got up and wanted to go upstairs to calm myself. While I was going upstairs, I heard their voices, that Nandu saying that she was leaving to classroom, while they were not interested in going that early. Even though I felt like, I was stalking which I shouldn't, my heart pulled towards her. So, I waited at the steps beside the enclosed canteen hall. Hearing her footsteps, I pulled her hand towards me, not to let her shout. Seeing me, she was stunned. As I had no patience, I pulled her towards the terrace, while glancing at her from time to time.

Even though I want to rub off the worry on her face. First I need to talk to her and need a moment for us. Reaching the terrace, I pinned her to the wall, and her eyebrows twitched. Realising our proximity, I moved back. Taking that as a cue, she ran forward made me pull and again pin her to the wall."Why are you avoiding me?", I questioned irritated with her.

She furrowed her eyebrows stared at me for a second and questioned me," "Am I ?" It made me huff as she truly was playing with me."Nandu, Don't act smart", I lashed out annoyed with her moving backwards releasing her from my hold knowing, I'd hurt her unintentionally.

But she didn't reply but looked downwards in a bored manner. Again I moved towards her feeling neglected with her attitude staring at her and searching for my answers in those beautiful eyes which always mesmerize her by expressing her feelings which
she can't express. As she was avoiding my gaze, I asked her to," Go Away, Not from here, BUT From ME", stressing each word, To which she was stunned.