chapter 25

Dedicated to riyusangwanwho motivated me to wrote. Thank you for waiting......
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Nandu's POV

In the middle of night, I got up feeling thirsty and found no water. I'm not the person who got thirsty at nights and I never wake up in the middle of my beautiful sleep.so I never kept water except while reading.

I got up feeling lazy, while my bed is dragging me down. I went down but the weird sounds from Mom room made me active. Not again.... Not again.. I don't want this to happen again. I opened and found mom is completely dripped in sweat talking in her sleep more like pleading.... "Not to leave her alone".I tapped on her shoulder but she didn't get up. I pushed her a little but didn't budge to awake.

So I sprinkled little water on her face and touched her face to wipe the water off. She caught my hand and opened her eyes not to leave her alone in this house.

"Mom... what are you talking. !?Is it the same nightmare again." I questioned her feeling little tensed and irritated. " She got up to sit and took in sorroundings and calm down realizing it's just a dream. Even How many times I say.... She always think about the same thing made her get nightmares.. That's what doctor said to me in our last appointment.

But why would she only think about him even after him leaving. I asked, "Are you Okay?!" leaving irritation behind. She didn't said anything but looked at me intently. Then she hugged me suddenly crying and asking me "Not to leave her".At times I will be very confused with her actions but one thing is clear that she was completely devastated by my Dad's divorcing so I don't question her .

"No ma, I never leave you.. even if I wanna go I will take you with me,or else who will cook my favourite dishes and take cares me like you do."I assured her moving out from her embrace. She just smiled for that but said nothing. I then gave her pill to sleep well getting water. With out saying anything,She had it and slept. Seeing her drifting to sleep , I closed the door and went out. I went to room and try to sleep but sleep is nowhere now. I got up and found the sky is still dark and my watch is showing time as four.

I went down and switched TV on. I found no interest as all playing bhajans. I grab my hoodie and went outside for jogging. While some aunties are drawing rangoli infront of their homes. This is odd I am night person , me waking up this early is odd to myself too. But leaving the thoughts behind , I moved feeling fresh morning air which is little chilly too.

Even I want to not to think, my thoughts are interrupting why she always asking me not to leave. I wanted to leave her at times by her behaviour as she was completely strict about my studies. But I know the soft heart behind that, who loves me more than anything, okay only after Sid. She misses him alot maybe the nightmare because of that. Then I found someone familiar voice asking me whether I'm walking or jogging.

I turned to the source of the voice, the one and only Manik standing behind me with questioning eyes. "What am I doing?"I questioned myself seeing him. "Can't you see!" I asked him.

"Ha.. I can see .. thinking deeply whether to move front or back!" He said with chuckle.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Even I want to move front or back, it's my problem. What about you?why are you here!?".

He little taken back. I never talked to him like that .... but I can't do anything he spoilt my morning with his lame Joke. "Okay, I understand I'm completely not in a good mood today."

He didn't said anything but started jogging with me. After a while I asked him , " Are you following me!?".

"Shouldn't I?" He asked in a little authoritative tone. I didn't said anything back but moved to my favorite spot. I sat on a rock there. He questioned," you don't take it seriously right!? ".