chapter-90

Nandu's POV

After getting freshened, I went to help in cleaning the pooja room. It took a while to do everything. And I was completely exhausted and Manik came getting freshened up to help Mom in decorating garlands.

He was trying but couldn't. Seeing him anyone can say, he never did these things. I offered him help but he protested. But as he failed every time made me take garlands from his hand. And pulled the stool and got up to decorate the garlands.

I completed it effortlessly. Seeing me he patted on my shoulder, appreciating me. I smiled at him. We then carried groceries and seeing us Aunty smiled and left the home. Later I informed Mom to get leave for tomorrow while eating, even Manik seconded that. But Mom huffed and If you truly wanted to help, then just go to school.

If you and Nandini are at home, then I won't even complete half of the work. And the pooja is in the evening, So I can do my work calmly.

With that, we went upstairs as Mom slept early. I carried a mat and he carried pillows. we went upstairs and lay on the floor covered with a mat staring at the sky. It was a little cold being winter, but the wind and the starry night made it look amazing. we both stared at the sky for a few minutes. I turned staring at him resting my head on my palm and asked him, " Why did he ignore me till yesterday". To which he stared at me for a few seconds and said," Don't ask me that, Even If I answeryou won't like it ". With that, he again stared at the starry sky.

"Manik, Do you Love me?", I asked to which he didn't answer, but was staring at the sky only. Then I too started staring at the sky only. When he said "If I say ...", he made me close his mouth with my hand turning to his side. Made his eyes struck with my eyes. We left thoughts of everything and immersed in our land staring into each other souls making time stop for a second. The only thing that is acknowledging now is his hot breath touching my hand.

He slowly removes my hand staring into me making my cheeks turn pink. I don't know because of the weather or due to his gaze, I'm feeling sweaty. He came near me and murmured," The cold is getting you, your nose and cheeks are turning red", with his hot breath touching me.

I pushed him a little and wanted to say," It's not because of the weather but because of YOU, they're turning pink". I just remained silent and stared at the starry sky.

He too remained silent for a second and later he asked about Rihaan," Are you getting back with him?", which made me stunned." No, It's not like that," That's when my mind clicked and made me ask," Are you jealous?", " No, Why would I?" He stuttered.

But I didn't want any misunderstandings to happen so I said," No, we aren't friends but not strangers too. So, I just treat him like a classmate, that's it. As I don't want to hold onto my past and hold something against him anymore. As holding secrets fears me, now I'm transparent made me feel all the weight lifted from my shoulders.

With that, I smiled to myself staring at the sky happily. He said nothing but after a while, he asked me to leave saying that It was getting late. I smiled and turned to see his face under the moonlight, which looked enticing. "Don't stare at me like that, It made me feel..ssh", he huffed and again said," Don't. Stare. At. ME".

He got up abruptly and waited for me to get up,later carrying pillows and a mat effortlessly not waiting for me. With that, we moved down. Placing them in my room, he went down through the window .

I smiled at him and closing the window , I fell on my bed. But his actions made me think only of his. I don't know what he was doing, but he was making me feel things,which I don't know even exists in the world till now. With that, I blushed hard with his thought hugged my pillow and slept on my bed. Thinking about his hug and his hot breath made me hug my pillow tight. That's when books came into my sight, thinking that today, I didn't even start reading today's part of the syllabus. That's when I determined to sleep and got up early to study. So I tried to sleep But sleep is the far thing now.