chapter 26

Manik's POV

I came home happily after enjoying time with my friends. There is no one in hall. As usual I don't care about anything and went to my room sleeping peacefully. Next day when I came down there was an ambulance sounding siren and a paramedic handed me a sheet saying your grandpa, when stretcher was opening with a body just like my parents. No...no.. this can't happen...this shouldn't happen.....

I opened my eyes and found different with my sorroundings. I'm in my room, in my bed. Yes... It was just dream no a nightmare. I couldn't sleep anymore. I went to check on grandpa until I can't find peace within me. So I went down and opened the door. He was sleeping peacefully little budging to turn in his sleep itself.

I closed the door at instant but carefully not letting to disturb his sleep. I went to watch but turned off finding no interesting movie is playing. I opened my mobile and found noone is in online. Who will be in even in this night. I  searched in fridge to find anything to have in fridge. There was orange juice ,I drank it .

Still the time is only 4. So I went to have some fresh air having airpods on playing some classic music. After match there is no extra practice hours as we only have PET hours. So No early morning practices and all. Only studies that's what they told at principal office. Even though I have no interest in cricket as a career , I always passionate about music which Mom loves.

The soothing classic gana lift my mood  a little. I went around running for a while. I was about to return home but found Nandu there. Her way of doing looks like jogging but no she is not doing it but just moving forward and backward. Is she here is to do jogging then why is she not moving from place. But as I know she is definitely not a morning person.
I questioned,"what  are doing here?". Without replying,she questioned herself..I don't know whether she was questioning but found little sarcasm in her which is completely unsusal. And her reply proves that she is completely sarcastic.

I replied evenly saying," ya.... moving front and back in same spot".she taken back a little but said, Not for me to interfere in her own business which is completely different. Definitely something happened or else she won't be this mean to me. This is the first time I am seeing this rudeness in her. Without talking anything she started jogging which made me follow just felt it right not to leave her alone.

Seeing me follow she stopped turning around glaring daggers at me like me doing something illegal which I'm obviously not.she was really beautiful and damn cute in anger. Seriously.....this is what you find in this type of situation my inner voices shouting at me. But a little smile creep on my lips. When she questioned ,"Am I following her?". "Shouldn't I?" was my question for her and answer for me to continue my doing. Without her retreating back moving forward made me little satisfied to follow her without doubt.

As always she walked to her beautiful spot made me little angry. I thought she would listen to me, but without me knowing she wanted to come here even after I warned.

The cool air and pure wood scent soothen me a little. I asked," Why are you so Moody which is unlike you?".I don't know whether she wants to speak to me about or not . I just want to make sure she was good and I'm there to share her worries.she didn't respond but I don't want to pressure her to say. Later she herself says that her Mom, Aunty got nightmare. I thought it was a normal but her discomfort and senseless thinking made me feel there was something behind.

I never thought aunty too had painful past seeing her no one say she faced any kind of trauma. For me it exactly happened after my parents death. I didn't slept for many days even if I sleep only just hours and again the sound of horns and people crying in home made me never sleep after which turned me to getting sick mentally. Then Doctors, appointments is whole another thing.

But why for her,means looking at her itself anyone can say that she was strong and vibrant lady. Seeing her soft heart made me feel how caring and emotional she was. So I too feel responsible for her. So I insisted her that we will take her to doctor. But I didn't expect her to be this harsh. I was stunned completely off-guard with her words. There is nothing I said wrong. But her each word blew me away from her. I totally felt like stranger, definitely I am stranger to her.

I should see myself before helping, but I don't think it was any help. I somehow felt like responsibility. What pains she is talking about... He never had any records of pains... maybe I'm bit too closed in my own misery without him caring at all. Even after regaining my senses, I never paid attention to him. I never spend even a little time with him. Her all words are true, he is getting older I should be able to help him at this time but didn't done anything.

It took a while to digest all her words and she was nowhere in sight. The sun is brightly rised and is in bright yellow which makes the sky vibrant and beautiful made me realise one thing everyday the same sun shines unique which I never noticed till now.

Whenever I see around me, I felt everything is reflecting my situation but today it was completely vibrant showing life in it. I felt like I am missing my life, every opportunity of living. I should follow up with my life  make grandpa happier the only family left for me.

I determine myself and got up to my street. Everything I felt simple and that time taking each step to my doorstep my heart felt heavy. What should I want to do.. Should I apologise... Whatever things I have done where beyond of repair. Will he accept my apology... All these thoughts came to halt when I am standing infront of my door.

I don't know what to do... I stand still and suddenly a woman opened the door. She asked me what am I doing at my door step?... She knows me.. who is she!?.. I never seen her before. Then grandpa came in asking who is she talking too. My anger overtook me. Who is she ....what is she doing at my house ??... All the anger disappeared when she calls grandpa in a respectful way. Then I took in her dressing and understood that she might be a maid as she went in to prepare our breakfast.

I went near grandpa and engulfed him without any thought. He patted and questioned" Is anything wrong happened that I am nowhere in home?" I don't know why but my eyes moistured hearing his concern. Without any other thought, I said SORRY.

He patted and moved back to see me. "Are you okay?" "What is this for...?"
But he stopped and saw me through which felt like entity seeing through my soul. I said SORRY again. He nodded and smiled which felt assured that nothing to be Sorry." You know I always see you in me" this is what he always says to me from my childhood and now too made me feel like good old times.

I am just like you angry arrogant and vivid until your grandma shows me care and love, I hope you will find a person like her. I know this is too early but hoping is not bad to see you happy with someone. With that he asked me' Are you wanted to share anything with me.... which makes... which makes  you... I cut him off by saying confess.

"I just felt our bonding is lacking..." I confessed my true intention. 'Is it because of Nandu..?' he questioned made me frown why everything is because of her... NO, I said. He nodded doubtful. Then maid came in excitedly asking me that how is her dishes. I thought Nandu made all of it but here I am fooled by her to which grandpa  showed her face down. I know he was smiling down.

I nodded they are tasty. She thanked me happily. We talked for a while about Nandu, my nighmares not about the scene in it but about them coming.... I don't want to go to school so I spent time until he notices the time and ushered me to go to school.I reached school but she wasss.. talking to me. She herself said to mind my own business not directly but that's what I understand. And now she was talking with me like nothing happened. I reminded myself to mind my own business whenever she tries to talk to me but her smile is contagious. I restrain myself not to talk. My bonding with grandpa become stronger and we are eating at a time and even we went to see doctor. Like Nandu, doctor too said that keep him stress free as he was getting older not any younger. And pains are normal until they are controlled with tablets. I am making sure of him having tablets and all my friends are good except something is missing.

Everything felt good yet something is missing. The days are good and as usual we became heroes proving special treatment for us and the party is only for us and for our victory which was just a small match in small town but is giving me more happiness than the life in Mumbai. Am I missing Mumbai..!? Definitely NO.

***************************
Hey guys, How is my update? Lemme know through your comments. Like always Vote& share made me realise your love towards Manan.. Only your votes made me update fast.