chapter-92

Nandu's POV

With Manik's words, I felt me being stupid and Overthinking, even after knowing about Mom and those Aunties. His presence and his smile always make some Magic on me and his words lighten up my mood and I slept peacefully. Early morning I got up with the phone buzz and answered the call, without checking the caller ID. When I answered Aunt questioned worriedly," Does anything happened to Mom?". I got up abruptly with the question of What happened to Mom.

Then I questioned," What happened to Mom!?". To which she asked, "You called me three times last night and didn't leave any message, which you usually do".

That's when it clicked, What happened Last night? To which I said, "Mom last night worried about something that made me promise and all. So I want to know what happened. That's it".

" Huuff, It's nothing for you to worry, She won't listen to take it to the heart of everyone's words. She always stresses herself by Overthinking and makes you worry too. How are you bearing her Nandu!?", she joked.

" Just like you do ", I replied to her. We both smiled. " Because of her rough past, she became like that and doesn't want you to suffer like her", she explained which I already know.

That's when I asked," What exactly had happened last night?". She doubted for a second and said," It's nothing you have to know about. Just be happy and study hard. That's the only thing you have to do at this age. So bye". With that, she ended the call without revealing the things.

I got up and even Mom didn't get up. So I went down, as I was wide awake. I freshened up and cleaned the house except the kitchen, as it was unapproachable for me with unwashed dishes, and after lightened the diya praying to god to brighten up my life like that. Later Mom was awake and came in and saw me, too hurried to freshen up and Sudha Aunty came to clean up everything left in the kitchen and even made breakfast for us.

Manik too came in for breakfast. Mom seemed a little disturbed after that. Everyone had food and when Manik offered a ride. Mom said that she'll drop me off today. Manik got a little hurt, but seeing it Mom said, It's nothing like that Manik, even I have to talk to her class teacher.

Manik nodded,' Okay'. With that, we drove off to school. We never had a break. We were sitting beside each other. But as classes are completed fast, they never let even breathe. Before this test itself, they determined to complete the total syllabus. In class, No one speaks and in break time he won't be seen. With this whenever we initiated the conversation, teachers started changing our places not only with me but for everyone.

I came to know about the Annual Day from Navya and also Manik being a cultural head.  He is sitting beside me,' Never said anything to Me'.
It's been a week and exams are about to commence, but he never talked to me personally. we have one preparation day and another day will be exam day. we can read at home or in school which is completely our choice, only marks matter. I choose to study at home. We used to sit one after another in exams made him ask me for papers. At times, I have let him copy, and at times not.

Then suddenly one day just before the last exam. I got tired of reading and reading and went down to relax for a few minutes, switching on the TV but got bored and had some snacks with tea. As the climate is a little dark and cloudy it is about to rain.  After brethe ak I went upstairs. When I entered the room,
It was pitch dark, but I could see the familiar figure sitting, watching out the window facing his back to me.

I turned on the lights realizing It was Him and started walking towards him shouting"Again u came through the window ?, How many times should I say to you to come through ......My words are stuck in midair, seeing him in pain-filled eyes leaving a single tear out.