chapter 4

Nandu's POV

These days Aliya is continuously talking about Manik  about how he looks ,his attitude made me notice about him much. He doesn't talk to me much unlike when he is with his friends means Kabir's gang. Sometimes it makes me feel unfriendly but of all other people he is good to me that's what I'm happy about. He never get irritates whenever I insists to write notes and help him to do his work.

From her I came to know that he joined in cricket team too.She was making me know every detail of him. I tried her to stop fanning him but she never listen to me like always.  When she found out that I sit beside him she enquired about many things about him. I said that he didn't talk much to me made her say"Ohh! ya I forget no one talk to you except me, Then he don't even see you right!!" emphasizing each word made me feel sad and low. Why she always reminds me even if I don't care about that?. Sometimes I felt Is she my friend or not... So I just listen to her whenever she says about anyone without me speaking. She had other friends unlike me talking about dresses , jewelry, fashion and all. They never found me as a person even. Mom always wanted everything best for me and gave me money to buy anything I want. She sometimes insist me to have branded when she found mine are not so good. But I don't want to use that money for those branded.So I wear my casuals dresses , you might say them cheap but I don't mind if they are good looking and comfortable for me.

I was watching an interesting thriller movie with Santa. I got him this name cause he always gives me chocolates . Before he going to say , I said I can't ..you only open your door." I'm your guest so you go ", without taking my eyes from screen. But he just stuck to the screen Like he is not listening the door bell.So I got up to open.But I can't ignore as the bell rang continuously. I opened the door but person before me made me shocked. I don't know whether I'm shocked or surprised.I found him in the door step  asking me,"what are you doing here?". Him saying that this is his house. Now I realized everything, he joining the  school same day when santa came to my home. Then he is none other than Santa's  grandson. When I'm in my thoughts he entered asking me  "why are you here?".I stammered I'm ...I'm...not knowing what to say? Should I leave or to stay like everyday. But when Santa came to view defended saying that I'm living in neighborhood and helping him in kitchen. He asked "Whether we both know each other?. Before me answering, Manik  answered that we are classmates made Santa smile. Then Santa asked me to join the movie as break got over.

Debating myself I settled to watch,as mom will come home late today. After  that I made aloo paratha which Santa wanted to eat. So I made it for them. We settled down to eat. While we eating mom came to call me. But Santa convinced her to eat here itself. I know they're enjoying the food. Santa introduced Manik then she enquired about my life and friends in school , When She came to know by Santa that we are classmates.I stopped eating with that. He might tell the truth but he covered it up for me made me feel free. I don't want her to feel stressed about me.

I mouthed him 'Thanks', but he just ate ignoring me. Manik asked mom for me to stay after dinner to clear some doubts in his homework. I doubted it but stay silent. I don't want to talk to him now.she left after that. should I say that I helped him in Washing dishes or Santa helped me after all we completed our work and dried them.

Then Santa said about Manik "he was very good student back in Mumbai but his parents death made him devastated letting everything went down".So please help him with his studies , I know he will become normal if you help him in studies. I just nodded in response.

I went and stood before his room door debating whether to knock or not. He opened the door revealing himself in  shorts showing his abs with t-shirt in his hand. Seeing him half naked ,I turned back closing my eyes as heat rises to my cheeks.  he called me to come in.Now he is completely dressed.

I went in and asked him about his home work. But he asked me to sit and take away my glasses. I made a wierd look. What is he even talking? What will he going to do with my glasses?I thought.I questioned "what are you asking for?". You heard Right. I just asked you to remove your glasses for god's sake!he asked again. He waited for sometime but when I didn't done it." If you think I'm your friend then do it for me",he said again.

I don't want to take them away . It became part of my dressing. I never done it before but why is he asking even ? It doesn't matter to him. I got up  to leave before "it's okay if you think I'm not your friend" he pouted.

'I really wanted to do by seeing his cute face but once again I realized he was Kabir's friend too. Like Kabir ,if he'll too tease me ' thought made me back off from not doing it."Is he the same person who I've known!,"I doubted. I questioned, "What my glasses do, with your homework?". For that he chuckled and said, it's not about my homework!!.Then why are you asking me to do..?I enquired.

Is that your room showing my house. "Yes "I said reluctantly. "Do you have siblings ?"he interrogated. "Why are you asking many questions?"I demanded.'Nothing !!just coming to know about my neighbor' he shrugged.

Then he remembered and asked, "your mom don't know about bullying , Right!''he confirmed. I nodded. 'Why?',he asked understandingly."If she knows about bullying, she will again change my school definitely, I don't want her to worry about me. Already she is doing more for me without thinking about herself"I stated. He asks"you were bullied in your previous school too".'Yes', I replied with sore throat. If he interrogated for more details"I'll definitely cry. My tears where struck in my throat by those memories.

Seeing my discomfort,he patted my shoulder. He insisted that he'll drop me in my door step. I accepted gladly.  Mom opened the door and asked him to 'come in'but he left apologizing her.he assured mom that he will come some other time as we were neighbors itself.

I slept peacefully.Nextday I got up and see mom left already preparing breakfast for me. Mom said the maid will come in two days . So I went to Santa, he today made bread toast for both of them.

Seeing me he made it for me too. When we are having breakfast Manik joined. Then Santa asked him to go with me. But he grab the toast and went in hurry. Before leaving he came back and wisphered to me that,"Don't say to anyone in school that we're neighbors"in my ears. He left making  my heart break with those simple words.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys.... How is my update. Let me know your opinion. Why Manik asked about her siblings??  Why do Manik  don't want others to know that they're neighbors?? I think you already know ..If yes or No Comment your thoughts  about Manik and Nandu.....

Vote and Share if you like my story.

-------- please support me guys   --------