chapter-41

Manik's POV
"Exams are in a week," I thought. But here I'm sitting in the hall waiting for the question paper. I don't know How a week rolled over this fast with both exams and office work.Buisiness is never easy that was completely proved after grandpa return back to home. My thoughts are all about that day when we return to Mumbai. I'm waiting for exams to get over.

Every board member is plotting against us taking over the ceo position as grandpa is far from Mumbai. For them we were on vacation. Me being a teenager can't take over that position even though I'm the legal heir and grandpa shouldn't work that much.

So I fixed my goal to take over my position leaving funfull life for my legacy. But grandpa declined and said "This is not the age for all the burden be free and enjoy your life,excel your studies. And also it just fascinates you now ,but it is much harder than you think. What you're doing is just small piece of work.I Just wanted your opinion who will be best for acting CEO, when we're here.

I recommend Mr. Abhinay srista who is a dad's bestfriend and CEO of Abhinay productions. He was not our board member , with this we can have alliance with him. Even stock market sky rocket with this. He never betrays us and all the board members will accept too. Eventhough I don't trust him personally and all, he was there for dad and after that incident too, he meet up frequently.But Don't announce anything before to anyone. We'll make it up at that moment.

Grandpa nodded ," Good, this might work but I 'll have background check on this as I don't know much about him except him as a friend".

"But Grandpa he was working with us from longtime ,How come you don't know about him". I got confused.

"Don't stress over it Manik,I'll take care. You're just a student " Grandpa said. But grandpa I've known him working with us for many years but with what you said.... " I suddenly got confused. Then there is more into this. Grandpa know everything in our buisiness but he said he don't know that we work with him.

Nandini tapped on my shoulder to take the paper as Mam is calling my name. I shook off and took my paper. I silently wrote answers as much as I know . Just a week I'll look into this.Grandpa and me decided to go back to Mumbai for holidays.

Only thing we do these days is to study which is too boring but Nandu don't leave me even at home .she made me read .I don't understand Is it for midexams or UPSC.But she was the best in deviating my mind . In my life I never wanted to become enemies with anyone because of circumstances some became enemies like Harshad , Rihaan and some are my friends .Without me knowing I got angrier seeing them and Is there any reason for them sit exactly opposite to Nandu's bench. But Rihaan made his own gang here.

Within a month he got friends. He was not that bad with others. He is quite funny in class though. Seeing us study hard for exams. One day after lunch everyone started to get sleep while reading ,so our class teacher casually conducted small entertainment program. He asked anyone who interested can sing,dance,play or can act according to their wish saying 'ONE HOUR, FUN HOUR'.

Many done many things but Ram's jokes are best. Then Rihaan volunteered for an act and asked Mam for a girl and said " It would be happy if it was Nandini". She asked Nandini to get up,but Nandini smiled off saying 'No'.They waited but she didn't responded.Rihaan asked any other girl to volunteer that's when many raised their hands and madam asked yamini to get up as she was in front. Then he started saying, " it was an act he expresses his longing his good old friend".

Rihaan with an intensity in his eyes he stared at her and said, " Hey good old friend, If you remember the day when you left me it was chaos everywhere and even in my heart. I made a mistake but that doesn't mean I don't think you as a friend ,what you know me is what I'm. Don't ever say that you don't know me, whatever moments we shared are true and I don't understand how simply you think I faked it.

The moments where we shared our boxes, where we shared our worries. Before you I have friends who accept me for what I 'm. But with you I'm not what I'm. I always make myself for you. Those are the beautiful moments of my life. I'll never ever have other friend like you. Please understand me and trust me for what I do." Will you......."

For that she said,' yes'. That's when everyone came out of trance. Seriously every cheater will say these words only. But I have to say he can be a good actor if he enter movies.

I started clapping got up ,seeing me Nandini pulled my hand to sit.But I got said" Seriously bro,you have super acting skills. Even I thought this was real " wow..... please guys claps once again to which everyone clapped for that. To which Rihaan glared," Don't make fun out of it".

" No Rihaan, Do you think I'm making fun out of it UNLESS YOU SAID it funny" I said seriously. That's when Mam voiced sternly, "Manik please go to your seat ".And she turned to Rihaan and appreciated his performance. When I went to my seat Nandu started lecturing," Why're you picking up on him?" Seriously that's what she think about me. She can't see he was manipulating her.

" Seriously Nandu, That's what you see". I questioned holding her arm that's when she holded mine too. " Manik I don't want you to get into fight with anyone for me ,' That's it', This is what I want from you. So please Don't be impulsive". I jerked my hand away.

"What does that mean even!?The bell started ring and it was break time. She got up and went out. Me sat there silently for few minutes but the noise made it difficult to stay. So I went to Terrace where it is peaceful. Later Nandini joined having coke tins in her hand. YES I like Coke.

She handed me a tin. I take it ,How come you know I'm here. She shrugged saying,I know everything about you. Seriously It's Rapid fire of ten,"Which food I don't get bored with?"
"Muesli", she replied confidently.

"Which colour I like the most?"
"Baby pink" ,YES that's true at first I felt it odd but after her it become my favorite.

Street food?
Dahi puri.

Which food I don't like?
Leafy veggies. No I don't dislike them but I don't like having them in usually.

Which dessert?
Kheer especially badam kheer with sprinkled rosted nuts. My mom used to prepare for me on my birthday.

Person?
"Your Mom" I like my parents but Mom more.

My birthday?
"March 11th".

My obsession ?
"Your bike", I've done a mini fight with Dad for it.

"Seriously Nandini you know everything about me then only two left. Let's see ".

Happiest moment?
"The day you won the match with your friends" she replied. Yes, It was one of my best memories that brought back new life in me.

Sad moment?
She thought for a moment and said,"OK I give up. I just said with my experience with you and some from grandpa". That's when bell rang means break completed.

"We should remember happy moments and forget sad moments". With that saying she ran fast. I too followed her to class.

We both sat smiling and again studies started.Tomorrow is a Sunday. So I escaped from Nandini to kabir's home to have some fun time. I absolutely love it. We slept half of the day and later we watched TV. At times everyone taunted about me skipping them that's when Nandu came to mind. I gulped, she might be waiting for me. At evening , I return back home and grandpa was watching movie. I joined ," Where did you left for whole day? Nandini came and waited for you!?".

"Arrey Grandpa!, I forgot", I said faking it.
Grandpa said, " Manik, what do you feel about studies , Say it in single word."

I replied," Boring".

He analyzed and said," Work is more boring than this, you should be focused. Or else everything goes into drain.

But Grandpa said sternly ," I wanted you to study until you have your Masters with Whatever circumstances you have. So Be focused on your studies. Have fun in your life, But don't make fun out of your life."

"I think you understand what I said," Grandpa said softly to which I nodded.

I will balance my life with fun and studies for sure.
********************************
What do you think about this chapter!?. Comment fast. Thanks for you, It would be nice if you vote.

So please