Chapter-73

Manik's POV

Everything was untouched and the dust was everywhere. Unlike the whole house which was neat and clean. This room was messy and dirty. I turned to Grandpa and he said," I don't know but I closed the room even for the staff. Usually, your mom likes to tidy up this room. She never likes some other touching her things. So I closed this room for outsiders not trusting them in that dilemma.  But now I think this needs to be cleaned.

'Yes'Mom used to do her chores and also take care of mine alone. In that itself she finds happiness. All her life is surrounded by us itself. She is typical Mom who prays to god and dedicated her life for my upbringing.  Whenever I asked why don't you go outside, and see the world, She said "This is my world and happiness. I don't  want to go search for another"." You know Manik, when we know we're happy, we have to relish the moments but not go in the search of much happier things. Life is short. Within the time we have to Be good, Do good and enjoy Life."

Moving further Everything in this room is showing the Moms and Dads presence. But more of mom's ,The Bed were I used to sleep on her lap, Whenever I'm Low or Happy. A lot of stories some of them or true and some are creative but she blindly trusts everything I say, but then when teachers complaints started lessened her trust. But again whenever I needed her, she was there for me even after many silly fights.Her smiles and words are echoing in this house especially in this room. Remembering the memories, I'm emotionally driven.Then turning to the closet. I went in touching her dresses making me feel like touching her itself. Even now they smell of her. I pulled on a saree and hugged it tightly letting my guard down and cried,Grandpa placed a hand on my shoulder to console me.

I placed her saree back and moved to Dad's wardrobe, where I touched them and remembered Dad. Even though I know he loves me but It was more of a scolding, so I used to get paired up with Mom and make him feel Solo. Whenever he says unfair, I used to play my card. Unlike Mom he was an Introvert who don't express anything and hide his feelings with strong exterior. I don't know How he convinced Mom to elope with him, It must be another way around.

That's when I remembered him writing dairy. I walk past Grandpa, as he is devastated embracing their memories. I went to check in the drawers, cupboards but found none. I went to closet and there was a secret almirah for both of them. I got the keys from Mom's cupboard and opened it.

It got opened with few files and Documents related to company,there was Dad's Dairy.I opened the dairy and it showed it was '2015'. I opened it and saw a beautiful picture of us in his doodles. He has this unique way to doodle his thoughts, interests and Moments."Today I am so happy that we both Manik and I didn't got into an argument. Even we had a great party in academy where my prince was so cool and behaved well without pulling out any stunt. I had a great start on the first day of my year. Hope the year goes well like this." Reading him calling me prince made my eyes moist.

I turned the page and started reading ,It was 2, January.Yesterday itself , I hope this year goes well. He crushed my hope. I don't know how to make him understand that being bad boy doesn't get him anywhere except causing him trouble. At first I thought what he done was funny until his Mom daunted me about his behaviour. "I wanted  my son to be good person with golden heart and he was nowhere of that" her words made me realize where he was going to.His pranks are at goddam level. Everyone respects me but due to him, I have to go bribing or blackmailing to let him be in school. Never his merits, let him shine with his behaviour.' Yes' I remembered that day when I found a boy who disobeyed in front of everyone which hurts my ego made me lock him up in a dark room. I said 'Sorry ' to Dad as I felt he was the one saying all this. I saw through the pages and found they were more about me than about his office and Mom.

With that I turned the pages and read on randompage and mostly they're about me and wrote everything about me and Mom. Every small things were mentioned and his feelings made my heart swell with happiness seeing his love towards me.