Chapter-79

Then Dad entered and announced the previous incident ordering both girls and boys to behave and learn something in this workshop. He asked, "If they don't want to be like that, they can leave".

Everyone said in unison," They'll be on their best behaviour". To which he nodded 'Okay'.And about another thing, that Nandini Murty is my daughter, but that doesn't mean she is special. Everyone is the same in this class. And he turned to me saying," What you have done is not expected in this class, so you have extra practice for an hour as punishment".

I nodded 'Okay '.Then Everyone started practising as just two days left before the performance. Dad doesn't let us free for a minute, nor he is taking rest.

Even after I made an effort, Nitya avoided me. Everyone left, but Dad didn't let me go. He got me some food and a milkshake. After a while, again he started making me dance, but my legs were already hurting like hell. I gave up and sat on the floor as my legs couldn't take anymore. Even my body feels tired, but my legs are hell-numb now. Seeing me he sat beside me held my leg on his lap and massaged them even after my protest made me swell with joy and happiness. It is truly soothing.

I said," Thank you, Dad".He just smiled and then he said," You don't need to". I smiled as my mind was mocking me about where he had gone when I going through a lot that too being a kid. I just relished the moment. Taking off my legs, I laid my head on his lap. To which he palmed my hair.

Within minutes, my eyes dropped but not asleep. That's when he kissed my hair saying," Sorry Nandu".After that sleep engulfed me. I heard Dad calling me making me search for my surroundings and realised, that I was in the Dance practice only. Now I realised what had happened, I got up and went with him. Even though my legs were hurting, I shrugged it off pretending fine. Then Dad said that he informed Mom. Mom never stopped me in anything related to Dad nor questioned me about anything that made me feel a little distant from her. How much I'm getting close to Dad, that much she is moving far away. As she won't question me. I always wanted that, but now that makes me feel distant.

I moved packing off my things. Dad asked me to come in the car. But today I don't feel like going. I handed him the keys and showed him the scooter. He asked me in disbelief, "Do you truly want me to drive". I nodded my head happily. Feeling his inconvenience, I offered," will drive, you can sit back". To which he nodded 'No' and got the keys from my hand. He started the scooty being nervous, he at times slipped but he steadied and moved saying," It's been years since I've touched this". I nodded smiling, Well-known of the situation.

But today is a memorable day of my life. I laughed hard whenever he jerked the scooty, or someone surpassed us while he moving like a turtle. I stopped him at the panipuri uncle of my area. I just wanna complete this day with panipuri. He gave me a plate and handed Dad another. But Dad didn't like this. His facial expression itself how much he despises the surroundings. But he reluctantly took the plate when I insisted.

I don't know how many he had, but I ate till I was pleased. With that Dad paid, and that's when Uncle asked," Who is this Nandu?". I said" It was my Dad ", happily." Oh ", he nodded and asked Dad," From now on, you'll be living here sir, Sister is so good sir, she struggling a lot with both House and Hospital. It would be more good If you lived with them from now on, sir," he said happily.

But that changes Dad's demeanour. He just nodded and sat on the scooter waiting for me. I hopped on and we moved. The sky already turned dark. He left me but didn't come in. He messaged someone. Seeing the door closed, I asked him to come in. But he didn't. That's when the Auto stopped in front of our house and Mom stepped out. He stood there staring at her. Mom smiled at me, but it turned into a scowl seeing the person beside me. She entered and Dad without saying anything to me moved out. That's when they started at each other for a second, I expected them to talk. But No, they both moved in their way ignoring like strangers.