chapter 10

Manik's POV

The promise is not for her but to myself to keep it at any cost. I don't know whether to do or not then I placed my hand following my heart. Just in a month everything changes.

Then Nandu came with soups in tray. We had it. Drinking it aunty slept. We left her room. Then she insisted if I wanna go to school which I don't want to go leaving her alone, she might need anything from outside or anything else I just wanted to be with her now not wanting her to feel hard.So we watched movie.she asked about match and all. I shushed her as I pretended to interested in movie.She can't even sit for an hour silently. She again started asking whether I wanted to go to school which I completely not wanted to.I fake angered asking as she wants me to leave her home which she definitely not. She tried to explain me it was not at all that which I already know.It was past four my tummy growl with hunger. I don't know, she might have seen me rubbing my tummy. She asked me if I'm hungry to that I smiled feeling embarrassed.

She came with pasta after half an hour. I dig into it, it was really yummy. After few seconds aunt came out and sat beside me. I asked "How is she now?"to which aunt smiled saying better. I had my tummy full.
After an hour or so, grandpa came in for Nandu.

I know he don't expect me here which is odd even to me, but I don't feel uncomfortable or any kind of strange feeling like that but felt like home with their affection. I don't want to be there seeing him happily there. I left to my room saying to aunty. She said come here for dinner with motherly love with her true smile to which I agreed.

I opened my mobile noticing 10 missed calls from coach and Kabir. And 109 group messages . All are for me only..
"Whether where are you?" 4:00pm

"Coach said you went to bazar to buy something .Is it true?" 4:05pm

" Are you coming to practice or not?". 4:10pm

"When will you come? We:re waiting for you?". 4:15pm

" If you are not coming, we're not going to practice". 4:16pm

"Why are you not picking our calls"
4:17pm

"Do you forget only a day left for match. Come to ground, coach is shouting ?". 5:35pm

"Are you angry at us?". 5:37pm

"You don't want to talk to us?" 5:37pm

" Because of you, our ears are bleeding yet you don't pick our calls🥴🥵?" 5:40pm

There are numerous messages some are funny with their pics even. I called coach and made an excuse for today. He was somewhat angry at me but accepted my apology when I say I got cold. I know it was a lame excuse but I don't want to loss his trust.

Then again I scrolled the messages but last message caught my eye saying that "Call immediately, It's Emergency" . Seeing it I called Kabir to know what happened?. He didn't answered. So I called Dhruv but it said mobile is off. When I tried to Arya, he picked up and asked where I had been today? How worried they were about me.I said the same words even to him. He didn't predicted but said something which I didn't expect.

Harshad while practicing provoked coach that his favourite student is playing off the ground and turned the bet match into competition to make him captain if our team looses. He asked me to bet but then why he involves coach into this made me angrier. Then while we're talking Kabir and Dhruv called and made it clear what happened to which I'm shocked. Just a bet match turns into totally different thing. Now we should definitely win this match at any cost.

While we are talking Nandini came in to call me for dinner which I' m not interested now. I cut the call when she called me. So I declined. When she said that she will say it to my grandpa I felt hilarious but ignored. She became dull and said auntie is waiting for me. Something reminded me that I promised her for dinner.

I asked her to leave seeing Kabir is calling me that I will come after attending the call.she left without other word.Attending the call Kabir's interrogation starts. I cut the call saying I will call you after dinner.

I ate dinner with them like a family and return to my room. A smile spread on my lips of a good day. I slept peacefully.

I got up early and went to practice. We practiced hard for a time. After all Tommorow is the match day, coach wanted us to be prepared for tomorrow. He gave us rest not to overstress and to play well.Then he called to tell me that we should win this match and prove that he was right about us. This is practice match for interschool competition. I promised him that we will won, if I promise then It should happen at any cost even with my life.

We practiced for a while and went to Kabir's house to rest. Again they are saying only one thing, If he done all this in purpose means he might have planned something behind this to which all other to nodded, which I don't understand. "What will he do?" to stop us.we are best players so definitely we gonna win. He can't do anything except seeing us win.

When Dhruv mom called we all noticed it was past 10:30pm. We all got up to leave hugging Kabir. Again Dhruv insisted to drop me. I reluctantly accepted, don't know what will happen there?!.

I came home and got freshened. But found some flash light on the wall when I got up to switch off light. Calling me at this time to talk, I felt it might be urgent , so I got out.

I went to her asked , "Is auntie is fine ?". " Did anything happened with concern" to which she nodded as 'No'.I felt relieved.' Then what is that made you meet me at this hour', I asked expectantly.

Those words which I don't expected shook me off. When my friends say I took them as overthinking. But hearing that he wanted to injure us with glass pieces . It was horrible, no one think this way. I don't understand how to react, I never thought any person will do these things and stoop this low. I should made up to hit him hard with his own plan. I felt disgusting. At first I didn't trust those words but now everything seems correct, my friends worry ,Him trapping me to bet match and all. I took time to consider all her words. Then I noticed she was holding a bag , so I asked about it. She said nothing," I let her go".

I said to Kabir and made a plan myself to defeat him even before match. I went to bed adjusting alarm time and slept peacefully.

I woke up early and went to Nandu's home. Aunty is doing pooja and came outside seeing me. She shouted Nandu that I am here. To which she didn't reply. I know she might be angry but what can I do, who can trust that any person will do those horrible things. I too didn't !. I knocked on the door then she says ,"Mom! I don't want to talk to him just say I'm sleeping".

I called Nandu, It's me Manik" I know she might be mad at me but don't understand if she can show her anger, then why did she tolerated all the bullying!" My innervoices questioned.To that she sighed and opened the door for me. She went to washroom leaving me. Then I saw the same cover bag at the bedside table. I opened it and found awesome nike shoes in it.

I opened them and saw it was exactly my size. When she came in I showed her and asked ," Is it for me to which she didn't said anything!".So I placed them there. And asked Is she attending her best friends match or not. To which she glared and took her eyes off.

I don't know how to convince her so I asked her to come with me to see my match pulling her hand. She hesitated and I pulled her down stairs to auntie. I said about match asked her to join with Nandu. But auntie had her duty so she said Nandu will come to watch. I accepted. Then auntie asked Nandu to get my gift which she bought yesterday. She reluctantly got upstairs and got my gift. Giving it she said "All the best".

I said ,"Thanks for everything". And was about to leave , I turned and said "Don't miss the match, It would be Interesting".

*********************************
Please Vote
Comment
&Share.

~~~~~please support me guys~~~~~