chapter-23

Nandu's POV

Next day as always , I went to school but the class is little dull as mere students attended the classes. So They announced it was day off only after two hours as everyone is tired of attending the match. I thought the same so I didn't wake him up and also for players there is no school today.

So I went to library and took a novel  but  found no interest in reading books. I took three books in just a half an hour but no book make read more involving into like I always felt. I got up to leave and librarian Mary mam smiled at me make me return it.

I left the ground when I felt someone is observing even though there is no student is present.I walk across the street. I felt someone is stalking me but found none when I turned back. Again I moved a little when the turn comes, I hide behind a wall in someone else's compound. I sat low not to be seen. As I thought someone steps were heard. So I tried to see the person who was stalking me. To my horror , I heard him stomp his feet and said something which I don't know. Then I got up but found a strong person standing straight glaring  at me made him question ,"What am I doing here?In his house?. I again suddenly sat low made my spects fell in between. Today is truly bad day I thought to myself when I see spects broken slightly but the cracks made it difficult to see at sides. So I took them in hand and got up mumbling sorry as I am little embarassed .. okay! Not a little but yes completely embarrassed. I ran  from there without giving him time to question me.

I went to home then I remembered today she will come home at evening. So there is no food prepared. I went to  Santa and the maid is preparing roti. Seeing me grandpa asked that I'm too early and about my new look. I showed him saying that my spects broken. I said him before itself that for Manik's it was a day off asthey played hard yesterday. He was so happy listening about his grandson. Then I asked what are they doing. He said that he asked Rani aunty( maid) to prepare biryani as he always like it. She prepared chicken and biryani and soaked chana. Seeing that I craved for cholebature and I myself prepared it helping her.  Santa said Manik always loves sweets as aunty was in hurry she left after preparing food.Then there is no sweets in home so I prepared  gulab jamun and cova with milk which I learnt these days from mom. The  sweet aroma itself made my mouth water. But I restrained myself eating.

Then Santa came in and was about to have a jamun. I slapped his hand not to touch anything. At times he behaves like a kid, just like me. He shouted Manik to come to eat. I never noticed he was in hall. And asked Santa about it then he said that he came down few minutes ago only after sleep.

He didn't have breakfast and also it was past 1 and didn't wanted to eat. So I went to him asking him to come but he was ignoring me which irritated me. So I took the Remote made him glare at me but I didn't back off  asking him to come to eat. Seeing his attire  itself stating that he came down without freshen up. I shouted at him but he just shrugged it off and is interested in Tv. I lost my patience and moved from there. How can he doesn't listen me. I'll show him who am I?!.

I tried my best to hide the remote without giving it to him. But he was fast and full of strength even he don't eat any. I went to his room in thought of locking him up and hide back of the door. As expected he came , when I tried to what I intended to do is going perfect until he approached me.

The atmosphere changes around us. I felt little odd feeling rising in the pit of stomach,don't know whether it is good or bad but was overwhelming. I don't know why I got engrossed in his deep eyes made me want to do something which I don't understand. I am unsure  of what I wanted to do. I were in this type of situation being near to a person as of only in bad situations but never felt like this may be because this was not bad situation.His intensity making me little restless to move away , even I want to be like this for some more time. His eyes are more attracting me like a magnet slipping of all my thoughts. What am I thinking even?. You should stop this ...Get away now. My mind is shouting at my heart to pull away. Uff.. I decided to listen to by brain which doesn't give irrational thoughts than my heart trusts Everything it sees and spoke .. Manik...made him move away.

Taking this as cue,I move away and went out. I released my breath which I'm holding till now unconsciously.Then Remote in my hand  reminds me of before . I move back and showed him Remote shouted to get freshen up without a mere second I closed the door locking it which I found keys in door itself.

After few minutes I unlocked the door and went down to join the Santa. He came down we arranged the table for dinner. Seeing him I turned my gaze at him while him joining. He sat beside us but found happy seeing the dishes I felt when he questioned us. But Santa disturbed his happiness I felt reminding about their parents. When his face turns into sad. I shushed Santa not to talk more , I know they misses them alot. But we can't get them back. I diverted him by saying that he was making all our efforts go in vain. I know..I am lying saying we prepared Everything but sometimes to make our own people happy ,it doesn't matter . I pleaded to which he sat and had some food after constant insisting. But one thing made me happy was that he ate my dish good. After him having we ate full. I went to sofa having gulab jamun which I love the most. Seeing him talking while glancing at me made me  show the jamun to have it, which he gladly accepted. After watching Tv for sometime he went out saying that he was going to Kabir's house as he said he was not coming for dinner.

For sometime I felt bored and slept in sofa itself without me knowing. After sometime Santa came switching off the TV made me awake. I sat up to sit and took in sorroundings. Me clearly wiping off the sleep too, I'm feeling little tired as the odd dreams are disturbing in my sleep.

We sat outside having chai for a little moment seeing the sorroundings where very few are roaming and few kids are playing. It was quite feel good for sometime. But then again my mood drifted to past when I saw a cute little kid helping her brother to learn cycling. My Sid too always like this supportive even we quarrel for silly things  yet there was strong bond between us then. But now he even remember or not don't know.

With that Mom came into view asking me to come home. But Santa insisted on having dinner here itself . Even Mom tried to back off he asked little emotionally saying,if I would be your papa you will definitely say yes as I am no one , you are not coming made Mom agreed instantly.

To see she might be look Mature and hard but inside she was completely a softhearted person.I know Mom was always emotional even if you might hurt her again and again only few love words made her forgive easily. That's what I hate about  her. Not about present situation but other times like in case of Dad and others. I want her to be strong but she can't,  made me little hard and aware of the people. If she knows about me facing struggle and hard which definitely will hurt her.

We ate dinner and headed to our house. She look completely exhausted so she slept fast. I remained silent and think about  going to my place but him saying not to go alone made me not to. I went up having headphone as the air is fresh and refreshing made me move my foot in swaying my hips then arms. I started dancing slowly feeling the music and atmosphere and enjoyed for a while. And plopped down on floor feeling exhausted. The fresh air is feeling good while I am dripping with little sweat seeing the stars glittering with crescent moon remembering me my sweet memories with dad.

We all used to sleep here at summer while me placing head on dad's shoulder and listening to his stories forgetting the world imagining his story. Those were the sweet memories    made me got up abruptly missing him . When I touch my face found water which I found it as tear.

With that I went to my room and freshened and started studying to engrossed in it as lame thoughts are interrupting me even while showering. I read and slept with a book in my hand itself without light off.

************************

I' m little stuck up with my life not knowing what to do made me update late but trying to update only for you guys who are supporting my work. As most of you are wanted Manik's POV I'm updating it too... Hope you enjoy  and show love with your Vote
                       Share and comment.

Swipe up for more.........