chapter 9

Nandu's POV

I followed her to her room she stumbled a moment and sat on bed. Seeing her like that I went to her and checked placing my hand on her. She was burning.
"Mom you're burning ,we should go to hospital" I said worriedly.

" it's just little fever", she said casually.
"No mom it is not little, you're burning" I stated in fear.

"Don't make fuss about it go, get ready to school, you're getting late" she said gaining more strength to act like usual but failed.

"Mom I'm not going, you need me mom", I said pleading..

"No nandu, I just need some rest I will be OKAY you can't miss the school for me"she was so persistent.

I can't leave her like this my heart says.so I asked Mom picking up her Mobile"ok! I will go after calling samatha aunty to come over here to check upon you while I'm in school".

The last hope to vanished when she said she is in her duty. I can't leave her in this lame house alone during this time but she never listen to me. Even if I care for her I can't tense her with my doings. I got freshened and left eating with her reluctantly.In my way to school all my thoughts are drifted back.. Back then Whenever mom got sick while we're together ,we make sure to give her rest.Dad do all chores with our help, I choose lame excuses but Sid being a good brother help in every chore with out burdening me.

After divorce everything changed. Even if she was sick she didn't take rest and pretends everything was fine. Tears dripped down but I rub off not wanted anyone to notice. I know I am late but didn't give any explanation ,went to my place. I sat silently but Manik asked me what happened made me breakdown immediately which I am holding till now.But seeing someone caring for me I can't.

When he said that he will help me, I felt good and really wanted to go home to see her. I asked mam for permission saying most common reason every girl uses, she didn't pressured me much and let me go home.

He joined me at the school premises and we went home. When I reached home she is still burning. I know she didn't  want to go to doctor. She declined even when manik insists. So I prepared veggie soup with little bit pepper and garlic to help her health.

I gave both of them  and help her rest calmly after having it. Mom insisted me that she will call madam to get permission but I replied there is no need for that.We came out of her room when she finally sleep. I asked whether he like to have anything but he nodded no. We talked for while, like always it was me talking and him listening. I asked if he wanted to return school as there was still time  for afternoon classes. But he said okay   that he was not much interested in classes.we started watching movie, when I heard some noise I went to check upon her but she is deep slumber. I know she was totally tired with the work, so I closed the door slowly not to disturb her. I came back to movie watching,then sudden reminder of match came to my mind day only a day left.so I asked about it, for that he shrugged as it was not at all big deal.I thought he wanted to go to practice after classes like always. I assured him he can go for practice if he wants, I can take care of mom.he sighed and asked me whether I wanted him to leave on purpose, which I'm totally not.

I wanted him to understand that I'm thinking about him not to worry about me. I assured him it's definitely not like that, I just don't wanted to pressure you with my problems.he smiled and said "Don't worry much about everything'. I smiled and nodded. Then he started rubbing his tummy seeing that I asked him he might want anything to eat. He nodded, so I prepared  pasta for us. Poured him some and gave him. When I went to mom, she was already awake , I checked her temperature. It was better than before. I gave her plate if she might like to eat.she came out to watch TV. Seeing her coming manik asked" how is she now !?" She smiled and said Ok. Then we three of us sat on sofa and watched movie. When manik licking the spoon completing his pasta..he was really cute doing it.I asked him if he want some more, he smiled expectantly at us.