chapter 3

Manik' s POV

I got up having good sleep after long time. I got up ready and went downstairs. I always skip breakfast not that I'm not hungry but because of  his(my grandpa) cooking abilities. I only drink milk now which I hate before my mom's death. She always made me drink twice a day which I hate the most. After her it became my routine.

My grandpa and me are worst at cooking. But today he asked me to try  but I don't want to...so I went out to go to school. It was just a walkable distance from house. In my way to school someone stopped his brand new Audi car beside me. I looked at the window but the glass made it hard to see the person. I don't know any person in this town. As the glasses godown revealing the one and only kabir with his  mischievous smile on his face.

He asked me to hop in as we are going to school itself. But I said No not wanted to bother him. As you know he never takes No as an answer. In our way Dhruv and other too joined.

I can't say we instantly become friends but they are making me less worried and not to involve in my thoughts. But they are making me laugh with the dumbest jokes I have ever heard and all this make me feel relieved.

We reached school and all the eyes are on us. Opening the door made Many of the students gawking at us.we made our way to class most of the girls started giggling. We reached my room.

Then they saw me sitting made them cringe except Dhruv. I feel Dhruv was unlike of Them about Nandu.  kabir asked me ,"Do you sit beside her?"," whom "I asked. 'That nerd' he replied.'Why are you asking like that?'I asked with a hint of anger in my tone. "Not so but just because she is nerd that no one want to sit with her"he replied." Why are you always saying that, I don't think she is that bad". I'm just here as a student not a bully I replied sincerely. Kabir was completely taken back by my words. He just said that,"I really don't like that type of girls who look innocent but they were not they look like. " Now his words made me think otherwise as he may be right we can't decide their character by their appearance. But I just shook of my thoughts. I sternly said "I hate bullying , for that itself I came to help you."Guys look into each other faces by my words. After few seconds Kabir move forward and said , "We don't do what my friend doesn't like."

With that he hugged me and left to their room, which was beside us. As time went by , class begins. There is no sign of her. I think I'm over thinking about her. Kabir words again got into my mind about her. I made up my mind just to give much preference to kabir and his friends  who are now my friends too.

After half of the class got over she entered class with that innocent look. She said 'Hi'  but I ignored her. Sometimes I felt she was so annoying as she was so excited to talk with me  but that doesn't change me. But her innocent smile and her care can definitely made anyone to see her true self. She was kind and sometimes helped me in my work too when I'm lazy to do. I tried to be polite but not as a friend. Kabir never bullied again which I'm happy about. Then one day Dhruv thanked me  about everything which was unlike him. He was so silent compared to all other  but he care for them.

Days went by  I always spend much time with them and also joined my school Cricket team. I went to house after long practice at ground makes me completely tired. I got freshened and went down to hall to have any food. Then I found out rotis with dal makhani. My mouth watered at the sight and a bite of it crave me to have more. This was really Delicious. I ate my tummy full.

I went to my room to have good sleep but when I get into bed. As curtains are closed on other side of their house I saw someone most like a shadow dancing swaying her hips and moving like wind gloriously with the headset on. She was like an angel . Seeing her I felt she was someone I know. But no way she can dance like that. I drifted to sleep after that.

Next day I got early and found breakfast on the dinning table . I ate tummy full and left the house. These days I found someone is cooking for us too deliciously just like my mom . Again I drifted to my mom memories.

Inter school Cricket competition is getting our coach made us to work hard. I forget to say I joined my school Cricket team. Like my friends I too have passion in cricket but lost it after  my parents death. I even got selected to state selections in Mumbai.

I went to ground with them always just to watch them playing. One day Krish gave me bat as one of the player is off just as a runner. But as the fate changes made me do batting. When ball came I gave a shot which made ball got into air that never hit ground. I started playing. After that they asked where had been... and made me their team mate. Coach Joseph was  also expecting for me to play.

But now I wanted to do this for my friends. I came to know that this is pride to our school. Everytime our school lost this  due to incompetence of our seniors. That's why kabir got  captaincy other than Harshad. Harshad is a good player but don't have any leadership qualities.

On Sunday I entered ground where I found Harshad bowling and all others playing. I saw Harshad looking at me  with fierce eyes. Kabir came to me and asked me to be aware him that he will do anything to get revenge on me.

Then I got my turn and went to do batting. Harshad through ball into air that might hit my head if I didn't back off my head. His lips turned into smirk.Coach shouted at him. But he ignored through another ball to hit me made me hit it fast. The ball  went in air and crosses the boundary line made everyone to look at the ball with me. Coach  was happy with me. We practiced for a while and went to movie with friends. I returned home at Evening. I got to doorstep and rang the doorbell. But grandpa doesn't came. After few rings the door screeched revealing the  nerd ohh shut." Where am I ?", I  walked backwards and looked sideways to found I'm at correct place. "What are you doing here?" we both asked in unison
..........
Don't forget to vote, share & comment. Love you guys 😘