Part 36. Tipsy Tales

Hi everyone,
I know I've been gone for long. But I was on an impromptu trip to India due to personal reasons and now have gotten stranded here initially due to the travel ban and now because of the limited flights. The last few days have been extremely busy and taxing and hence, writing hasn't been a part of the agenda. However; I did managed to put something together and it may not be upto the mark because I have written it in many parts but nonetheless, I hope you guys like it.

PS - Happy New Year to everyone! 😊

————————————————————————

When Nandini made Manik realise how drastically their life would change if they pursued their plans about IIA and Harvard, he too got depressed at the thought of it. The whole world knew about how he needed Nandini to breathe and function properly. And staying away from her for at least 2 years if not more, he didn't know if he would be able to survive. The whole thought of pursuing both these plans seemed very less appealing if you looked at it from this point of view. Nandini also seemed very disturbed at the thought of this. And right now, it was more important to cheer her up. Seeing Nandini low or cry was his least favourite thing. Besides, these were just plans as of now. They didn't know if any of this would even become reality. If FAB5 worked out, he could absolutely keep travelling to and fro from Bombay to Bangalore every couple of weeks. That wouldn't be so difficult. All these thoughts have him a little consolation and hence, he decided to divert Nandini's attention from the depressing thoughts as well.

Manik - Nandini, there's no point thinking about this right now. Remember, Harvard is plan B? Besides, who is to say that even Harvard will work out? It's so difficult to get through that stupid school. So it's all very far fetched. Don't think so much about it.

Nandini - Hmmm.

She came forward and hugged him resting her head on his heart. Manik wound his arms around her hugging her tighter.

Manik - Nandini. Please. Cheer up na. Let's not spoil our trip. We don't even know if any of this will even happen. Besides, we should be happy if it does. I mean, imagine, how amazing our careers would be.

Nandini still didn't say anything but just kept hugging him tighter.

Manik - You need to stop worrying Nandini. You know we have been through worse things before and still always managed to find a way to each other and be together. So we'll figure this long distance too. So now stop being such a crybaby and cheer up.

Nandini - I'm not being a crybaby.

Manik - Of course you are. You're hugging me in the middle of the street. Everyone is giving us weird looks while passing by. Thodi der mein police aa jayegi and charge us for PDA.

Nandini - What bullshit. We're just hugging. How is that PDA?

Manik - You try explaining that to the police.

She got out of the hug and smacked him on his chest.

Nandini - Tch. You're so annoying Manik. You don't even let me hug you in peace.

Manik - Such a liar. We always hug. Pehle pehle toh all we used to do is hug. Took you forever to start kissing and doing other things.

Nandini - Let me tell you that you're doing a pathetic job at cheering me up. You're making me angry.

Manik - Exactly. You're the hottest when you're angry. And isn't being angry better than being sad?

Nandini - Manik! Stop annoying me na.

Manik - Then you stop worrying. And stop being sad. Didn't we decide that we'll encourage each other to achieve our dreams in this relationship? Help each other grow individually and grow together? So then why are you being sad right now for something which isn't going to happen till at least after a couple of years. Let's not ruin our trip with this.

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें