Part 69. Numb

Hi guys,

Sorry for disappearing again. But life is super busy currently. Lot of changes happening. Also, my parents have come to visit me and I'm also taking them around. So it's just been super super busy!

Anyway, no excuses. But here's another part. I actually wanted to put a lot more in this chapter but it was turning out to be super long. And hence, I've decided to break it into 2 separate chapters and give you guys something to read!

So hope you enjoy this one and I hope I find time to write the next part soon! 🙈

-SV

————————————————————-

Manik and Nandini continued to hold each other for a few minutes not knowing how to react to what just happened. Nandini's tears wouldn't stop after everything Nyonika had revealed. Her heart cried out for everything Manik had faced in his childhood and would continue to go through with everything Nyonika put him through. She was nothing but a narcissist sociopath. There was no other explanation to why a mother would do the things she did to her only child. But what worried her the most was how would Manik deal with this. Would she be able to handle him? Would she be able to help him come out of this? But the next moment, she reprimanded herself. She didn't have an option. She had to get him out of this. She would ensure he doesn't get sucked into his darkness again and let Nyonika win again.

Manik, on the other hand, was numb. He didn't know how to react. Should he be angry with Nyonika? Should he be sad that his mother was a grade A bitch? Should he be angry with "God" and blame life with all the 'why me' questions? Should he be pissed off at himself for being manipulated by Nyonika so easily all throughout his childhood? Or should he just go kill himself because his whole life was a lie?

However, the very next moment he felt Nandini crying in his arms. And he knew that every tear she was shedding was for him. This was one of the few times he felt that her theory of them being two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle made complete sense. Because he knew that when he wasn't able to cry, she cried for him. But he wasn't going to let her waste her precious tears on his fucked up life. In fact, he didn't want to deal with any of it either. He was just going to shut all the memories of the recent confrontation with Nyonika and pretend like it never happened. He was not ready to deal with any of it. He was the world's happiest man this morning and he's going to continue to remain happy. And for that to happen, he needed to ensure Nandini stopped crying. Because his world stopped when she did.

He broke the hug and immediately wiped the tears off her face.

Manik - Stop crying Nandini. Enough of these tears now. There's no point of crying over this shit.

Nandini was a little confused. Why was he consoling her and asking her to stop crying? Shouldn't she be doing this for him?

Nandini - Manik.. Are you okay? Tum na.. don't worry. Sab theek ho jayega. Main hoon na tumhare saath. I won't let anything happen to you.... I'll be with you humesha... 

Manik - Of course you'll be with me Humesha! Tumhe koi doubt tha Kya? Anyway, hum kya baat kar rahe the? Haan... I know you want me to stay home and rest for the whole day but can I please go to college? Thodi rehearsal karni hai and like you said, last couple of days in college. I promise I'll eat everything you want me to and even have the medicines. But I just don't want to sit at home. Please?

Manik - But Manik...

Nandini - Please Nandini... for me? Please???

Nandini realized that Manik had gone into a full denial mode. He was not ready to face what just happened and needed time to come to terms with everything. And she didn't blame him. She had no idea how to deal with this herself either. And she had no idea how she would help Manik deal with this either. However, she too thought that it wouldn't be a good idea if he was cooped up in his room alone all day. It would be best if he's in college and around his friends to distract himself from everything that had just happened. The only thing she needed to take care of was his fever and she would be with him like a shadow all day. And hence, she agreed.

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें