Part 37. Travel Diaries

Hey guys,

Sorry for disappearing for so long. I took an impromptu trip back to India and then got stranded there due to no flights to UK. And when I finally got back, I had a lot so much of a backlog at work that I absolutely had no time to write. But finally, I've managed to write something this weekend. And it's a looooong update. Please leave your comments and let me know if you like it.

————————————————————————
Manik woke up in the middle of the night feeling thirsty and dehydrated. He opened his eyes to find himself in an unknown place and the room in complete darkness. But before he could start getting uncomfortable and uneasy, he felt Nandini's arm around his waist and her leg over his thighs. He carefully detangled himself from her and reached out for the switches to put on a dim
light so he could look for a bottle of water. Unfortunately, the first switch he switched on illuminated the whole room with the brightest lights, thereby disturbing Nandini's sleep too.

Nandini - Tch.. Manik...

Manik - Sorry sorry. I'm just looking for the bedside lamp. You go back to sleep.

Nandini - But why are you up?

Manik - I'm very thirsty. I want to have water.

He kept switching on and switching off various lights in the room to get the right one and finally found the dimmest light in the room. He then got off the bed and got the bottle of water kept near the mini bar and gulped down a whole bottle of water. Also, in all the scavenging hunt for the right light and water, Nandini's sleep broke and now she was also awake. She sat up on the bed and wanted to tie her hair up but couldn't find her band.

Nandini - Can you pass me the hair band lying on the table? And give me some water too.

Manik passed her the hair band and also the half filled water bottle he was having water from.

Manik - There's only so much water left. We'll have to call for more bottles from house keeping.

Nandini - It's 4 am. Will they give us one now?

Manik - Haan. Of course. Let me call house keeping. You want anything else?

Nandini - Nahi. I'm good.

Manik called the housekeeping for a couple of more bottles of water and got back into bed. Now that the two of them were wide awake at 4 am. They were recollecting on what all they did the previous evening.

Manik - Do you remember? Last night, we both were so drunk that were making out in public.

Nandini - Yeah I remember. How could both of us get so drunk? Itni toh nahi pee thi kal?

Manik - We drank on an empty stomach. Lunch ke baad humne kuch bhi nahi khaya tha. That's why we got drunk. But you're super fun when you're drunk. I like drunk Nandini. You even went and danced on the bar table.

Nandini - Really? Why didn't you stop me?

Manik - I tried so many times. But you just wouldn't listen.

Nandini - God. I must've made a fool of myself. What was I even dancing on?

Manik - That Kareena Kapoor song that you like too much.

Nandini - Which one?

Manik - The one where they're all in bed with random hot looking men.

Nandini - Tareefan?

Manik - Haan. Wohi. You coordinated steps with the other two girls on the bar table and danced together.

Nandini - Oh yeah. Now I remember something vaguely.

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें