Part 2. Our Worlds Entwining

All of them moved to the terrace with all their instruments. However, when they reached there, they saw a part of the terrace had a telescope set up with a bunch of physics and astronomy books lying around.

Alya - What is all this?

Manik - Oh shit. I completely forgot about this. Don't touch the telescope. The settings will get messed up. Babu.. Please terrace se sab books leke mere room rakh do.

In the meanwhile, Manik very carefully picked up the telescope ensuring the settings don't get disrupted and placed it in the corner of the terrace.

Alya - But why are you studying physics? And what's with the telescope?

Manik - It's Nandini's stuff. She's preparing for the Astro-physics entrance exam.

Dhruv - Astrophysics? Seriously? Woh music padh rahi hai and now she wants to become an

Astrophysicist? Aur yeh sab books tere ghar pe kyu hai?

Manik - She always wanted to be a scientist. Like her dad. She wants to work at NASA. That's her dream. So I asked her to give it a shot if she really wants it.

Alya - Then why music?

Manik - She took it up because she got a scholarship and she wanted to channelize her education fees for Rishabh's treatment. Also, Amms wanted her to pursue music. So anyway, now I've finally convinced her to give this a shot. But she hasn't let her family know yet. She says she'll tell them if she gets accepted on a scholarship at one of the universities she applies to. That's why my house is full of physics and mathematics books making me look like a nerd. But she studies here.

Mukti - And you're okay with this? I mean she's so talented. She could be a big name in the classical space. Usse itne saare instruments play karne aate hai and she sings so well too. She's a freaking musical prodigy.

Manik - I know. But music is just happiness for her, not passion. She should pursue what she wants to. And trust me, she's damn good at this also. She's told me about so many constellations and satellites when I help her study. It's actually quite interesting.

Cabir - YOU help her study? Seriously?? Har physics exam mein copy karke paas hota tha tu? Do you remember?

All of them started laughing at that.

Manik - I know bro. But Nandini thinks she studies better when she talks about it. So I offered to learn about it so that it helps her. And what's wrong with that? Main bhi toh usko mere aadhe adhoore songs sunaata hoon for her inputs? Actually, you guys need to listen to this. Nandini ne kal raat ko ek bahut amazing suggestion diya to get the music upbeat. Let me know if you guys like it or we'll go back to what we decided.

He played the part and finally the Fab 5 got to jamming and practising music.

However, the whole conversation with Manik about his and Nandini's relationship kept playing at the back of everyone's head. Mukti and Cabir couldn't be happier for Manik and Nandini. Whereas Alya hoped that she and Dhruv had that maturity to build their relationship the way Nandini and Manik had. Post listening to Manik, all she could see were the wrong choices she and Dhruv made which made their relationship go downhill. Should she try having a conversation with Dhruv about starting afresh? And doing it right this time? Or was it too late?

On the other hand, Dhruv was on a different tangent altogether. He wondered how Manik just managed to get everything in life without even trying hard enough. He was easily one of the most talented people, the most good-looking guy in college and had an entire college who was crazy about him, was rich and could have everything he wanted, and now had such an amazing relationship with the woman he loved. When he looked at him playing his guitar right now, he looked so peaceful and happy. He had that small smile on his face which said that he was thinking about Nandini.

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें