Part 11. Make-up Kisses and Conversations

After a few hours of staying away from each other, Manik and Nandini both had calmed down. Now that the anger had subsided a little bit, they both started missing each other. But obviously, neither of them wanted to give in first. However, Manik knew that he had hurt Nandini more by bringing up their past downfalls. He also knew he wasn't wrong with what he said. It was a fact that Nandini lost all her reasoning and logic when it came to protecting him. But he didn't have to say it to her in such a rude manner. Besides, he knew fighting with her was also not going to make her concentrate better. He knew he had to be the one to take the first step and apologise this time. Further, he also needed to make her understand that she needed to concentrate on her exam more than anything at this point in time.

Nandini, on the other hand, didn't quite understand what had suddenly happened. They had stood by each other the last couple of days when everyone had tried to break them apart. However, what happened so suddenly? Two minutes before the fight, she was wondering why he had gotten so insecure and vulnerable and the next moment, he was pushing her away on the pretext of her exam. Why is everything so complicated with Manik! There was so much happening around them anyway and he just had to add to it by fighting with her. And on top of that, he wanted her to concentrate on her exam. How was it even possible for her to concentrate on her exam when he was going through hell because of Dhruv and Nyonika both. And she also knew Harshad wasn't just going to sit tight after she gave it back to him either. What a mess!

It was late evening when she heard the doorbell ring and then heard Manik's voice coming from downstairs. What the hell was he doing here? He seriously thought that he could just walk into her house after fighting with her this morning. Of course, he's come here to say sorry. But I'm not going to forgive him at all.

She got out of her room, albeit limping a little, and tried getting off the stairs one by one. She was holding onto the handrail tight enough to ensure she didn't fall.

Manik, on the other hand, had the corner of his eye trained on her to ensure she didn't fall off the stairs while climbing down. Not to mention, he stood right at the foot of the staircase despite Chachi inviting him to come sit in the living room at least 5 times since he had stepped in. Knowing Nandini, she would definitely slip on the stairs and of course, like he predicted, she lost her balance and fell right into his arms when she was on the third-last step. He couldn't help but start smiling when he caught her. She really was one of a kind.

Nandini - Hass kyu rahe ho? What's so funny?

Manik - You are funny.

Nandini - You do know that insulting me is not going to make you get my forgiveness any faster right?

Manik - Tumhe kisne bola that I am here to say sorry to you?

Nandini - Toh tum yahaan kyu aaye ho? I don't want to talk to you. Get lost from here.

Manik - Tumhe yeh bhi kisne bola that I'm here to talk to you? Amms se milne aaya hoon. Remember, she asked us to come and meet her?

She suddenly remembered she was in Manik's arms and straightened up to get away from his arms. It was a dangerous place to be, especially when she had to remain angry at him.

Nandini - Fine. But don't even try to talk to me. And stay away from me.

Manik - Mujhse keh rahi ho ya khud ko warn kar rahi ho?

Nandini - Arghh! I'm not talking to you.

Amms - Manik, Nandini. Chalo mere saath room mein.

Manik/Nandini - Haan Amms. Hum aa rahe hai.

Amms - Tum dono ko pata hai maine tum dono ko yahaan kyu bulaya hai. Aaj subah jo hua, main usko leke kaafi pareshaan hoon.

Nandini - Amms...

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें