Part 3. Let me Protect You

Everyone retired home after dinner. Nandini decided to stay back for a while to spend some time with Manik. Though they had been in the same house for most of the day, they had barely gotten any alone time. And anyway, Chacha, Chachi, Rishabh and Amms had gone for a late night movie. So she knew that they weren't coming back until after midnight.

Manik and Nandini went to Manik's room for some privacy. They had spent too much time with everyone else during the day today. He pulled her onto his lap and started placing small kisses on her jaw and neck.

Manik - By the way, tumne aaj subah se meri patience bohot zyaada test ki hai.

Nandini - Really? Kaise?

Manik- You came and slept next to me and asked me to remove your bra. And then you go back to sleep! Very unfair!

Nandini - Ohhh. Toh Mr. Manik Malhotra kuch aur expect kar rahe the?

Manik - Of course! Tumhe nahi pata?

Nandini - Nahi.. Mujhe nahi pata hai tum kya expect kar rahe the...

Manik - Really? Nahi pata hai? Come I'll show you...

He pulled her close and kissed her full on her lips. When they finally came up for air,

Nandini - Waise Manik...

Manik - Hmmm?

Nandini - My bra is still uncomfortable. I wouldn't mind taking it off right now also.

Manik - Finally, now you understand what I mean. It's time your notes go really high...

Manik and Nandini lay in each other's arms under the blanket basking in the aftermath of their love-making.

Manik - You know, every time we make love to each other, I feel like our connection keeps getting deeper and stronger. And I've never felt like this ever before.

Nandini - Hmmm. You know Manik.. I've never let anyone come this close to me ever. And I'm just not talking about us being so close physically. Tum jaante ho na that you mean the world to me?

Manik - I know. You're my entire world too. I'm going to love you, protect you and keep you to myself. Humesha...

Nandini looked at him with all the love in her eyes and hugged him really tight.

Manik - Waise protection se yaad aaya, we're out of condoms. This was the last one. Remind me tomorrow to get more.

Nandini - Hmmm.. Anyway, let's get dressed aur mujhe ghar drop kar do. I have to reach before everyone comes back from the movie. Waise, I'm quite surprised Amms agreed to go for a 10 pm show at night. It's way past her bedtime.

Manik - Chachi must've convinced her. If you haven't realised, Chachi doesn't let anyone say anything when she's made up her mind.

Nandini - True that.

The two of them got up from the bed and picked up the clothes discarded and started getting dressed.

Manik - Waise, Chachi has been quite a catalyst in our relationship also, though unknowingly. Hume ek dusre ke saath time spend karne mil hi jaata hai. Thanks to Chachi. And guess what, aaj main sab ko humaari long long love story ke baare mein bata raha tha. All of those idiots looked like they're listening to a fairy-tale. Idiots.

Nandini - Haan. Mujhe pata hai. Alya ne bataya..

Manik - Alya ne? Really?

Nandini - Haan woh.. She and Mukti wanted to have a 'girl' chat with me.

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें