Part 74. Letting Go

Hi everyone,

I know it's been forever. I'm very sorry for disappearing like that. But I have had major life changes recently - moved to a new country, new people, new job and the whole settling down process has been crazy. On top of that, no MaNan inspiration hadn't been helping either.

Anyway, here I am finally, with a new part. I hope you guys enjoy it and don't forget to leave your comments.

Also, I just want to give a shout to all those who kept sending me personal messages and leaving comments asking me to update. It means a lot to see you guys look forward to my book.

Lots of love,
SV

———————————————————

Nandini was on her way back home in an auto rickshaw trying to control her sobs and wiping her tears at the same time. But no matter how hard she tried, her tears just kept flowing down. The auto driver also looked at her a few times from the rear view mirror but didn't say anything not knowing if he could intrude. Soon, they reached her destination and Nandini walked off paying him a 100 rupee note without asking for any change. She was just grateful that she could cry in his auto without any judgments because she knew she had to start pretending the moment she stepped into her house.

As soon as she walked in, she found Chacha and Chachi in the living room looking worried and tense.

Nandini - Kya hua Chachi? Aap log itne pareshaan kyu lag rahe hai? (What happened Chachi? Why do you both so worried?)

Chachi - Kahaan thi Nandu. Hum poori raat tere liye jaag rahe hai. Tujhe kitne phone kiye, tune ek baar bhi phone nahi uthaya? (Where were you Nandu? We were awake for you all night. We called you so many times, but you didn't answer)

Nandini - Main toh Manik ke ghar pe thi. Maine aapko kal bola tha na ki uski tabiyat kharab hai toh I'll stay back with him. (I was at Manik's. I had told you he wasn't well, so I stayed back with him)

Chacha - Nandini, maine aur tumhari chachi ne tumko bohot freedom diya hai. Humko pata hai tum aur Manik ek doosre se pyaar karte hai and humne tum par kabhi bhi restrictions nahi dale yeh sochke ki you are an adult and tumko pata hai tum kya kar rahi ho. (Nandini, your Chachi and I have given you a lot of freedom. We know that you and Manik love each other a lot and we have never put any restrictions on you because we know that you're an adult and you know what you're doing).

Nandini - Haan Chacha. Of course I know. But aap aise kyu bol rahe hai? Kuch hua hai kya? Mujhse koi mistake ho gayi? (Yes Chacha, of course I know. But why you talking like this? Did something happen? Did I make a mistake?)

Chachi - Nandu. Woh kya hai na.. meri ek cousin hai. Jiska beta kal SPACE ke inter college competition mein participate karne gaya tha. Aur usne tujhe aur Manik ko dekha college mein. (Nandu, one of my cousin's son had gone to SPACE to participate in the inter-college competition. And he saw you and Manik)

Nandini - Haan toh? (So what?)

Chacha - Usne tumhari Chachi ko bola ki Manik ne tumko mistreat kiya. Usne tum par haath uthaya in front of the whole college. And uske baad bhi tum full night Manik ke saath thi. I did not expect this from Manik at all. How dare he treat you like that. And you are so blind in love ki tum phir bhi uske peeche uske ghar gayi because he was unwell. (He told you Chachi that Manik mistreated you. He raised his hand on you in front of the whole college. And despite that, you were with Manik all night becaus he was unwell).

Nandini - STOP IT Chacha. Enough. Aapko kisi aur ne kuch bola aur aapne maan liya? Don't you know Manik? Don't you know me? Aap aisa kaise soch sakte hai that Manik can ever hurt me. And that too physically! Manik will die but hurt me on purpose. Please ensure aap next time se Manik ke against kuch bhi nahi bole. (STOP IT Chacha. Enough. Someone told you something and you believed him? Don't you know Manik? Don't you know me? How can you even think that Manik can ever hurt me. And that to physically! Manik will die but hurt me on purpose. Please ensure you don't say anything again Manik ever again).

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें