Part 9. Coffee Chronicles

Once Manik left, Nandini then got busy with studying. She really did have a lot piled on. The last couple of days had been relatively unproductive due to all the drama happening between their friends. It was a good thing that Manik had left her alone with her books now. She really needed to concentrate. She kept her phone away to avoid being distracted and dove into studying.

A few hours passed and she managed to catch up on quite a few things. She realised that now that her exam is closer, she needs to be solving more practice tests. She needed to take at least 2 tests a day and go through her areas of weakness on a daily basis.

Every hour, Ramesh Kaka came up and ensured she was being fed with food and coffee/juice. She wondered how Ramesh Kaka was being so thoughtful but she didn't have time to dwell on that.

On the other hand, things were as normal as they could be at Navya's. Manik, Cabir, Alya, Mukti and Navya were gorging on the yummy biryani Navya had made.

Cabir - Kya Biryani hai Navya. Brilliant. Mazaa aa gaya.

Alya - I know. I'm in a food coma. This is too good.

Mukti - Sirf food coma? I'm having a foodgasm. This is epic! Waise tumne yeh banana kahaan se seekha?

Navya - Humari Amma ne sikhaya.

Mukti - But fir bhi. Itna accha kaise bana? This is like so difficult.

Navya- Itna bhi difficult nahi hai. Hum toh yeh humaari class 10 se banaate aaye hai.

Alya - 10th grade? Mujhe toh tab tak coffee bhi banani nahi aati thi.

Manik - Really? Jaise ki ab banani aati hai?

Alya - Of course I know now. And you're talking like you know how to make coffee.

Manik - Of course I know and let me tell you, I'm quite good at it.

Mukti - Really?

Manik - When you're Nandini Murthy's boyfriend, knowing how to make coffee is a must. She's a caffeine addict. Especially when she's studying.

Cabir - Toh tujhe kyu banani hai?

Manik - Kyuki I trouble her so much when she's studying. Coffee banana seekha nahi hota toh I would've been dumped a long time ago. But I don't understand woh coffee peeti bhi kyu hai? Not like it helps her stay awake or anything.

Alya - Matlab?

Manik - Matlab madam ka aaj kal ka naya scene hai. So she's an 'early morning person' and since she has exams, she wants to wake up early at 5 am to study. So whenever she's staying over, she'll wake me up at 5 am to make coffee for her. And poor me, I'll have to wake up, go all the way to the kitchen and make coffee for her while she can snooze for 10 more minutes.

Mukti - Awww... so cute...

Manik - No no. Hold on. The story is not over. So when I take the coffee for her, she wakes up, has her coffee, and then goes back to sleep and I'm left wide awake staring at her.

Everyone started laughing at that.

Cabir - But ek baat ki credit Nandini ko deni hi padegi. Usne 'The Manik Malhotra' ko apne little finger pe wrap karke rakha hai. Ek toh woh tujhe roz subah 5 baje uthati hai and tu usse roz apna ch**ya katata hai even after you know she's going to go to sleep after the coffee?

Manik - Oh please. Tu toh rehne hi de. You were the one who was so scared because you forgot to buy dahi on our way back and you made us take a U-turn and go back 10 minutes because you were so scared of Navya. I mean I at least get to have sex with Nandini in return. Tu toh aise hi Navya se darta hai.

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें