Part 25. Girl Talk

Hey everyone, I was very excited to pen this part down and so I couldn't help but finish writing. So here are two updates in two days. 

Hope you enjoy reading it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was soon late evening and Nandini's friend Sujata arrived at the Murthy's. Nandini and Sujata were so excited to see each other after such a long time. They were very close friends when Nandini was in Mangalore. They went to the same school and Sujata even attended Amms' music and dance classes. Chacha and Chachi were extremely warm and welcoming to Sujata and she immediately felt at home. Rishabh was also happy to see a known face from Mangalore after so long. They all sat together and had dinner, talking and discussing all about Mangalore and reminiscing old times. Sujata was sharing some of her and Nandini's childhood memories and they didn't realise when it was almost 10 and it was time for the Murthy's to go to bed.

Chacha - Chalo chalo. Bohot late ho gaya hai. Kal subah humko office bhi jaana hai aur Nandu ko bhi college jaana hai.

Chachi - Haan haan. Nandu, tu teri friend ko tere room mein lekar jaa. Woh bhi thak gayi hogi. Kuch chahiye hoga toh mujhe bol dena. Theek hai?

Nandini - Don't worry Chachi. We'll be fine. Aap so jaiye.

Nandini and Sujata then went into Nandini's room to retire for the night.

Nandini - Sujata, the washroom is in there. Tumhe fresh hona hai toh go ahead. And I've emptied a shelf for you to keep your stuff in the room. Please feel at home. Aur kuch bhi chahiye toh let me know.

Sujata - Stop being so formal ya Nandu. I'll ask if I need anything. Let me have a quick shower. And then we can catch up. I want all the updates from your life.

Nandini - Done.

Sujata fished out a pair of clothes from her bag and went into the washroom. While she was in the washroom, Nandini decided to call Manik. If she didn't speak to him now, he would definitely call her and it would get a little embarrassing to talk in front of Sujata. As soon as she dialed Manik, he picked up on the first ring.

Manik - Hey. I was just about to call you. How is your friend?

Nandini - She's fine. She's gone for a shower. Toh maine socha I'll wish you good night.

Manik - Hmmm.

Nandini - Manik... Kya hua? Are you okay?

Manik - Haan. I'm just feeling a little blah. I don't know if I will be able to turn this around for FAB5.

Nandini - Don't worry Manik. Sab theek ho jayega. Sometimes, some things don't happen because it's not meant to happen. Maybe something better and something bigger is written for all of you.

Manik - Hmmm. Maybe. You know, for the first time, we're facing a FAB5 problem and we're not together today.

Nandini - Then why don't you go over to chill with Cabir or Mukti. Ghar par akele kyu baithe ho?

Manik - No. It just feels weird. I mean aaj subah jo hua. I suddenly feel ek awkwardness aa gayi hai humare beech. I don't want to go over and make it feel like I'm rubbing off my success on them.

Nandini - Manik, agar tum nahi jaoge, then you will land up creating that awkwardness and the distance. Abhi jaoge toh it'll just be all of you hanging out together to figure out FAB5's problem. Just like old times.

Manik - Hmmm..

Nandini - Hmmm nahi. Go hang out with them and take some daaru with you. Apne aap sab awkwardness chali jayegi.

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें