Part 17. The Adregenic Concert

Hey everyone,
Thank you for all your love in the form of votes and comments. I love reading every single comment and that's the only thing that keeps me going.
Also, if you think the Cinderella moment was just fictional, you're wrong. I've captured one for my best friends. Thought Manik and Nandini deserved one too ;)

Keep reading, loving and dreaming! ♥️
——————————————————————————
As soon as Manik had left to call Nandini, Cabir decided to have a chat with Dhruv.
Cabir - Dhruv. Tere aur Manik ke jo bhi differences hai, aaj yeh performance ke bahar chod ke aana. Like you said, yeh performance sirf tumhare ya Manik ke liye important nahi hai but hum sab ke liye important hai. So keep your differences with Manik aside for tonight. About the album, performance or anything.
Dhruv - Tum log humesha mujhe hi kyu bolte rehte ho? Manik ko bolo na. He started talking about how we should perform for our 'love' for music and all. Nandini ke saath reh ke woh bhi ussi ki tarah baatein karne laga hai. We all know this is a make or break for our careers. How can he be so casual and chilled out about it?
Cabir - Dhruv, Manik humein motivate aur inspire karne ki koshish kar raha tha and if you don't see that, woh teri problem hai. And for Gods' sake, Nandini ke baare mein Manik se abhi koi argument mat karna warna teri yeh 'make or break' waali opportunity will be lost forever if our lead singer doesn't perform well.
Dhruv knew Cabir was right. They all needed to be performing at their best today. So he decided to swallow his ego and keep quiet today.
Dhruv - Fine.
Unfortunately, Mr. Malhotra had overheard the spat between Cabir and Dhruv and he had managed to figure out that the reason Manik and Dhruv were at loggerheads was Nandini. He, however, decided it was best to stay out of it as it was something between friends and he had no right to interfere.

Mr. Malhotra had come to call the FAB5 to enter the party as the guests kept asking for them. The media had created a lot of buzz about FAB5 and everyone was getting eager for them to come around.
Mr. Malhotra - Kids, come on. Yahaan kyu khade ho? Enter the party. The crowd is getting restless to see you.
Alya - Uncle. We're just waiting for Manik.
Cabir - Haan uncle, woh uski chief guest ko bulaane gaya hai.
Mr. Malhotra - Chief Guest?
Cabir - Nandini. Obviously. Manik uske bina bilkul bhi perform nahi karega.
Just then Nandini and Manik came down followed by Navya.
Mr. Malhotra - Ab Manik bhi aa gaya. Tum log enter karo and I'll tell the MC to announce your performance. And Manik, mujhe tumhe kuch business partners aur delegates se milaana hai so let's catch up after your performance.
Manik - But why do I have to meet them?
Mr. Malhotra - Aise hi. Informally. No specific agenda.
Manik - Dad..
Mr. Malhotra - It's important Manik.
Manik - Fine.

Mr. Malhotra walked out of the house and into the party and informed a manager about how FAB5 was ready to enter. Nyonika came up to him to have her little chat.
Nyonika - So, Mr. Srikant Malhotra. You're here in Mumbai. And I'm sure ab tak tumne khud verify kar liya hoga ki maine jo bola woh sahi hai.
Mr. Malhotra - Nyonika, I already knew Manik was dating Nandini. Manik had already told me. So if you think you're going to prejudice me against Manik with these facts, think again.
Nyonika - Srikant, stop being so stupid. Tum bhi jaante ho that Manik having a girlfriend is not a problem. The problem is that our son is so head over heels 'in love' with his girlfriend that usse aur kuch dikhai nahi deta. Nandini spends more time in Malhotra Mansion than her own house and now Manik is refurbishing his room for her. At the age of 20, Manik has almost moved in with Nandini and guess what, Nandini ki family, who are the so-called 'middle class', 'righteous' and 'down to earth' people don't have a problem with the two of them being sexually involved.
Mr. Malhotra - Nyonika, I trust Manik is old enough to decide what's right for him and what's not. And what he decides to do in his personal and private life is not our concern.
Nyonika - I would have agreed with you if it was 2 years ago. But Nandini Murthy has changed Manik to such an extent that he's not himself anymore.

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें